Ignorant Pellet Pallet Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejectr

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2009
Brimfield, MA
When you pick up a pallet of pellets with a fork lift, are the openings in the bottom of the pallet where the forks go along the 48" dimension or the 40" dimension? I want to measure my garage and see how many tons I can store against a wall and if they would be loaded by the lift with the long side against the wall or the short side against the wall. Don't think it would be too easy to rotate them once they are set down.

Thanks.

When you pick up a pallet of pellets with a fork lift, are the openings in the bottom of the pallet where the forks go along the 48" dimension or the 40" dimension? I want to measure my garage and see how many tons I can store against a wall and if they would be loaded by the lift with the long side against the wall or the short side against the wall. Don't think it would be too easy to rotate them once they are set down.

Thanks.
Most pallets have a way to insert the forks from either side.
Gma-wood-pallet.jpg

generally 48" deep x 40" wide...some pellets usually overhang the width by about an inch....guesstimate for a total size of 48"Dx42"W.

Good photo. I thought they were solid on one side.
some are. I used to work in a warehouse and dealt with a lot of pallets. There are many different styles but I don't see the solid side ones around as much as the ones that have openings on all 4 sides for forks/pallet jacks.
wooden-pallet-3736911.jpg

Reactions: thedude110
Yep there's two way and four way pallets.

I've only seen pellets on four way pallets.

See thousands of pallets a year. Never had one come through that was closed on one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.