I'll Take Some Maple Please...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacffin

Minister of Fire
Make is soft, cream, no sugar and Oh...to go:)

A little Sunday morning quiet work stacking the splits. Ended up with just over a cord. From everything I am reading, should be ready next fall.

Just call me a happy camper :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN3410smr.jpg
    DSCN3410smr.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 180
good job , you will appreciate the work more when you burn it ==c

Reactions: Bacffin
That looks like a good spot for dryin. Nice work. Now it is time to plan when you will be getting more.

That looks like a good spot for dryin. Nice work. Now it is time to plan when you will be getting more.

Already in the works! ;)

Sure looks good all split & stacked, eh?
Good job!

Wood on the bottom looks yellow , different stuff?

Looks great Bacffin, you're going to like it.
zap

Neat. We dig that soft maple when in the stove. At first glance, your pic looks like the start of a log cabin or kid's playhouse. Good job!

Stacks look great.. Looks like you stacked it on the ground..your probably going to loose those splits, they:rolleyes: could turn punky or be full of moisture.

Reactions: milleo
Sure looks good all split & stacked, eh?
Good job!

Wood on the bottom looks yellow , different stuff?

Yes it does Dave. Good feeling too! :)
Got about 2 cord all c/s/s out of the grapple load as of today.
All the soft stuff. The hard maple is split but not stacked yet. Just starting to split the Hickory's and oak's now too.

Stuff on the bottom is this. https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/log-15-id-please-no-clue-butt-ugly-also.91830/
Where the mushrooms were growing it was all punky, so I took that punky stuff and used it as sleepers. that log is
the brown/yellow stuff.

Thanks,
Bruce

Neat. We dig that soft maple when in the stove. At first glance, your pic looks like the start of a log cabin or kid's playhouse. Good job!

Actually I'm going to call it my "wood Fence" :)

Stacks look great.. Looks like you stacked it on the ground..your probably going to loose those splits, they:rolleyes: could turn punky or be full of moisture.

Got sacrificial pine down on the botom. Deep mulch layer helps too.
Blasphemy for some.:)

Reactions: JOHN BOY

John, in some instances you can stack on the ground with no problems at all. I'm thinking even quads stacks right on the ground but when taking the wood from the stack, that bottom row just goes on the top of a different pile to dry another year. On our place we have all yellow sand. If no grass we have stacked right on the ground many times. Naturally when we get to the bottom rows they are frozen in and have to wait until spring to get out. Then they just wait until the next year to burn. Some could be burned right then but we usually don't. One nice thing about this sand is that water goes through it fast. Of course that is also the bad thing ab out yellow sand...

Nice looking splits and stacks!

I have some apple that I've been saving for the holidays. Probably use some of it to smoke a ham though

Status
Not open for further replies.