I'm a pellet pig now!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
I was looking for a bulk storage system. I found the ultimate! Four silo's 100,000 pounds each. Delivered by bulk truck. I did the math. 40 pounds a day, 50 days to a ton, 400,000 pounds of pellets......10,000 days of burning.....I guess I'll leave them in my will! I wonder what the bulk rate per ton is for 2000 tons?

Attachments

• DSC00982.jpg
    DSC00982.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 270
SmokeyTheBear said:
Err how about 200 ton ...

Yeah, that's what I meant :)

Chan

WOW! Buying that large in bulk, I bet you'd get some sweet deals from some of the mills. Get a bulk delivery truck to serve the locals. CWR could be the next pellet tycoon! :)

200 tons would last me like 57 plus seasons.

j-takeman said:

Nope once you get really old you'll crank up that stat and not allow it to drop the temperature as much or even at all. Just wait.

Hello

I use 3 tons or 6,000 lbs per year.

So one fill up would last 66.67 years!

So about One fill up for life! :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

Nope once you get really old you'll crank up that stat and not allow it to drop the temperature as much or even at all. Just wait.

This is from experiance, I take it??? Hehe! :cheese:

Don2222 said:
Hello

I use 3 tons or 6,000 lbs per year.

So one fill up would last 66.67 years!

So about One fill up for life! :)

I think the bulk delivery guy told me that his truck holds 30,000 pounds of Resin. (Polypro or polyester) I'd be happy with just one delivery!

My company get six deliveries every week.

Chan

Chan,

We started bulk delivery via vac truck last year. Our supplier recommeded it as he was having to get some of our stuff in railcar only. Labor is cheaper by bulk delivery than filling Gaylords. We get somewhere around 40K LBS/load. I'll snap a pic when I get back to work of our tiny silo's. I can say I have learned loads of stuff for moving plastic with a vacuum system.

Interesting stuff! I saved some scraps to move some corn/pellets someday maybe! I even got a hopper with bottom dump. Too small for work, But at a half ton it should work for me. :)

We use Super Sacks too for some of the exotic resins, mostly from India. (2000 pounds each) I was hoping I could score a frame for the sacks but we just use a forklift and dump them into a conveyer system. We have a rail car unloading sytem but the railroad wanted us to pay for the maintenance of the tracks from Portsmouth, NH to Hampton (11 miles) and we told them to stick it.

I still keep my eyes open for anything I could use with my wood pellets!

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

This is from experiance, I take it??? Hehe! :cheese:

Trust me Jay, even if you don't want it to happen that way today, either you or your wife will want it that way when you get older.

I can still take the cold better than the heat, the boss likes being warm except while sleeping, but that is changing.

Now my MIL wouldn't be able to move if the temperature wasn't warm all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.