I'm losing it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Must of cut this two years ago if not more, was looking for more down trees and found this sugar maple just inside our line. I'll get this out this weekend.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2757.jpg
    100_2757.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 100_2758.jpg
    100_2758.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_2759.jpg
    100_2759.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 408
Better get some Control!

Ya know, seasoning doesn't start until its split and stacked in a single row with the wind blowing over the ends of the splits :)

Hey Zap don't sweat it. I lose much more and bigger stuff than that. And its not like you are gonna run out.

SolarAndWood said:
Ya know, seasoning doesn't start until its split and stacked in a single row with the wind blowing over the ends of the splits :)

Those rounds will be coming out this weekend then split and cut down, I'm sure they are 18 inches long. I went five rows deep with my stacking in full wind and 6-7 hours of sun, seemed to be fine.

Zap

I've only cut a few trees in the woods.......but never lost one. :cheese:
I have however, forgotten to go back to finish the tree. Bound to happen sooner or later zap, since you cut so many.
I know what this must have been,....it's an experiment to see how long bucked rounds will last laying on the ground. Yeah, that's it.

PapaDave said:
I've only cut a few trees in the woods.......but never lost one. :cheese:
I have however, forgotten to go back to finish the tree. Bound to happen sooner or later zap, since you cut so many.
I know what this must have been,....it's an experiment to see how long bucked rounds will last laying on the ground. Yeah, that's it.

PapaDave, I think this was before any of the wagons. Once I get them out I will split them and put the moisture meter to some of the splits.

Zap

smokinjay said:
Better get some Control!

Smokinjay, after joining this site I lost any control. When is CREW SMOKIN getting back together for some felling?

Zap

zapny said:
Solar, in your Avatar is that a new heap?

That was a week and a half ago, I've split about 4 cord since.

SolarAndWood said:
zapny said:
Solar, in your Avatar is that a new heap?

That was a week and a half ago, I've split about 4 cord since.
looks like your really getting a pile now. haha. im getting there my self not that big yet though. hoepfully ill have 30 or more cord for selling come this fall.

I think I am somewhere around 32 or 33 which puts me a very conservative 3 years ahead. Time to work on that control thing Zap and Smokin are talking about. Doubt I will have any more luck than Zap with it.

SolarAndWood said:
I think I am somewhere around 32 or 33 which puts me a very conservative 3 years ahead. Time to work on that control thing Zap and Smokin are talking about. Doubt I will have any more luck than Zap with it.

I won't have that much by the end of the summer unless I bust it like I did last summer. I would be happy with 23-25 cord by fall. When the wood is down on the ground it's hard to have control. My wife ask today what are you doing today and I said that I'm going back in the woods to GIBIR. (Get It Before It Rots)

Zap

nsfd95 said:
Zap I could come upstate and give you a hand looking!!!!!

Long Island is under the 50 mile law so come on up. :vampire:

Zap

Heard ya Zap, I live scrounge to scrounge and never know where or when the next one is coming. For me its GIBTCSE (Get It Before They Call Someone Else) :lol:

maxed_out said:
Hey Zap don't sweat it. I lose much more and bigger stuff than that. And its not like you are gonna run out.

maxed_out, are you working on the side of some hills when losing some rounds?

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.