I'm Ready for a FULL Summer!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
It's been a good month since the saws had any rotation going and I'm ready for some cutting that will last straight through the summer.

Looking for another three or four cord by next winter. I'm guessing that I cut three cord until I was snowbound this winter. Attached are some of the stuff down or topped off from up top, most of the wood should come from lower part of the woodlands this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued by The National Weather Service
Burlington, VT
Sat, Mar 5, 2011, 12:00 AM EST
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS... NORTHERN ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS AND SAINT LAWRENCE VALLEY.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 16 INCHES... ALONG WITH A TRACE OF ICE ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE.

* TIMING... RAIN CHANGES TO SNOW EARLY SUNDAY MORNING... AND BECOMES HEAVY AT TIMES SUNDAY AFTERNOON INTO SUNDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS... THE HEAVY WET SNOW WILL CAUSE SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES... ALONG WITH HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

* WINDS... NORTH 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH ON SUNDAY.

* TEMPERATURES... FALLING INTO THE 20S ON SUNDAY.

* VISIBILITIES... BELOW ONE HALF OF A MILE AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
Local Temperature Map
Updated Mar 5, 2011, 3:25pm EST
Tips for Snow & Ice Removal
Driving in Snow & Ice
Wintry Precipitation Explained
Get Live Traffic Reports

Zap

Attachments

• 100_1690.jpg
    100_1690.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 458
  • 100_1697.jpg
    100_1697.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_1748.jpg
    100_1748.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 468
That's not pretty Zap, what a difference 100 miles makes.

SolarAndWood said:

Plows on and the wood is in plus the wood outside was covered (Top & Sides) last night before this rain hit, just need this storm to stay south of us by 10 miles.

Zap

zapny said:
just need this storm to stay south of us by 10 miles.

Not sure if it stayed south of you, but we went from calling for rain changing to a little snow late to waking up to snow and a forecast of a foot plus.

SolarAndWood said:
zapny said:
just need this storm to stay south of us by 10 miles.

Not sure if it stayed south of you, but we went from calling for rain changing to a little snow late to waking up to snow and a forecast of a foot plus.

They had forecast 8-16 but this morning they are calling for 6-10. :zip:

Zap

SolarAndWood said:

Solar we have another system moving in at the end of next week, the Brook should be roaring by then.

Zap

zapny said:

Don't worry about it Zap, we'll carry the load. We topped the 13' mark last week. Single season record is only 2.5' away now.

SolarAndWood said:
zapny said:

Don't worry about it Zap, we'll carry the load. We topped the 13' mark last week. Single season record is only 2.5' away now.

Talked with my sister the lives in Liverpool and she said it was snowing pretty hard your way. I'm ready for the spring and some splitting and stacking.

Looks like we'll fish in two walleye tournaments this year plus try and get up to a few spots in the Adirondacks.

Zap

Zap, I'm ready for spring too. With our forecast over the weekend we were hopeful we'd get rid of most of our snow. Didn't happen. Rain went mostly south. Got snow again yesterday morning and glad it didn't last because the little we got drifted. So the question, or guess is, when will we see bare ground?

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I'm ready for spring too. With our forecast over the weekend we were hopeful we'd get rid of most of our snow. Didn't happen. Rain went mostly south. Got snow again yesterday morning and glad it didn't last because the little we got drifted. So the question, or guess is, when will we see bare ground?

The west facing hills had bare spots before this snow, I think by the third week of March we'll have plenty of ground showing then we will get one last big snow storm the first week of April. Sav this is a west facing hill and should be one of the first areas that will lose snow, we have some clearing to extend the trail plus have some nice cherry down that I need to grab.

Next week I'll take a run back in for the first time since Feb. 5th. Sav how is your hip coming?

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0286.jpg
    100_0286.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_0287.jpg
    100_0287.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.