im stoked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
i called a stihl dealership about 35 miles away...not the usual one i go to..but they buy stihl brand loops and put em together there, and u can get the yellow chains for 19.00 there....man that's cheap...i believe i will change what stihl dealer i go to..i was paying 29.00 at my old stihl dealer

I don't think I'd drop my local dealer when I'd have to drive 70 miles round trip to save $10. It would cost more in gas than you save on the chain, unless you are buying them in bulk.

my normal dealer is 17 miles away..im in the country..not much around here...and they sharpen chains for 5 dollars..my old stihl dealer was 7 dollars...usually when i go to the dealer i have 5 chains for sharpening.....im gonna buy 2 more when i get to this new dealer...so 7 chains..i wont be making many trips..

steeltowninwv said:
my normal dealer is 17 miles away..im in the country..not much around here...and they sharpen chains for 5 dollars..my old stihl dealer was 7 dollars...usually when i go to the dealer i have 5 chains for sharpening.....im gonna buy 2 more when i get to this new dealer...so 7 chains..i wont be making many trips..

Roger that.

Status
Not open for further replies.