Image attachment question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
I posted a few images as attachments, but when I click on the thumbnail, I just get the same little pic. When I click on attachment thumbs the some others have posted, it displays a nice, big pic where I can see a lot of detail. How do I go about doing that?
There's no "test" forum here, and posts can't be deleted so I've been hesitant to try to figure it out by trial and error. I saw some links posted in the stickies but haven't had the time to read them all; Been too busy trying to get dry wood for myself and three other people. :grrr: I was hoping that someone could quickly get me up to speed; I've got some cool pics to post. :)
Thanks!

EDIT:
If I try to post the raw image saved to my computer from the camera, it won't accept it. So I downsized it in Photobucket to 800x600. That gave me the small pic when clicking on the thumb.
I think I saw something in the sticky links about changing the resolution in the camera. Should I try that? What resolution would you suggest?

You can't attach a picture- you need to put it somewhere online and put a link to it here with the

Adios Pantalones said:
You can't attach a picture- you need to put it somewhere online and put a link to it here with the function[/quote]

I attach pictures directly all the time. It's the only way I fly. I have never created one of those online photo dump sites and have posted plenty of photos on plenty of sites. Use the little area titled "attachments" below.

You can upload photos of different sizes and that's what appears. Upload a bigger picture and it will appear bigger on the site.

Test. OK the thumb is big enough when clicked. Took camera resolution down. Detail is lacking. I'll try again.

Attachments

• 001-9-1.jpg
    001-9-1.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 215
Highbeam said:
Adios Pantalones said:
You can't attach a picture- you need to put it somewhere online and put a link to it here with the function[/quote]

I attach pictures directly all the time. It's the only way I fly. I have never created one of those online photo dump sites and have posted plenty of photos on plenty of sites. Use the little area titled "attachments" below.

You can upload photos of different sizes and that's what appears. Upload a bigger picture and it will appear bigger on the site.[/quote]

Sheesh- I never even saw that thing. I'm a dope

Woody, rather than changing the resolution on the camera, I simply shrink them down before posting and shrinking them down is simple plus you don't lose picture quality.

Woody Stover said:
Test. OK the thumb is big enough when clicked. Took camera resolution down. Detail is lacking. I'll try again.

Hi Woody

I like the size on that one!

I downloaded it and checked the properties in Windows so everyone can see!

401 x 300 Pixels 96 DPI and 33.7KB !! That is the way to do it!

My VC Consolidated DutchWest Extra Large Cat Wood/Coal FA288CCL fire is:

890x620 Pixels 600 DPI and 71.6 KB !!

Attachments

• WoodyStoversWood2.jpg
    WoodyStoversWood2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 134
  • WoodyStoversWood3.jpg
    WoodyStoversWood3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 130
  • VCDutchWestWoodCoalFire1sc.jpg
    VCDutchWestWoodCoalFire1sc.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 144