imitation sthil chainsaws and parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuco1963

Dec 24, 2010
east central indiana
hi all
while on ebay i ran across an imitation sthil from china made by emas they also make rebuild kits for the older sthil saws 031-?
has anyone heard if theese are decent parts i would love to rebuild an old 038 or 04? for a monster saw since theese saws are really resonable now

I live in a 1959 ranch house, a few years ago the basement flooded because the plumber installed a water supply valve that was made in Taiwan. The valve had a large pit in the valve seat causing the leak. Fortunately I found a valve manufacturer in Novi, Michigan, they make a great product. Would I put Chinese parts in my Stihl? No Way! Well maybe an air filter.

I know they look orange and white. The ones I saw were a far cry from any STIHL I've seen. Even the older ones. They make knock off Honda dirt bikes for kids too, would not buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.