Impressive service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
This one ain't about the pellets, it's about the service. Nathan from Winterport Wood Pellet www.winterportwoodpellets.com 207-852-1316 called Friday afternoon. I had talked to him earlier this summer. He sez,"Ya want 5 ton, right?" I sez,"Well, yeah." He sez, "I'll be there Sunday mornin' between 7 and 7:30." Well, 7:03 this mornin', I'm out in the yard, guy walks down the driveway, sez "Should we back down?" I sez "Well, yeah." So, 4 guys, 3 pickup trucks, (1 with a ton in the bed, 2 with trailers with 2 ton apiece on) come backin' on down the driveway, he sez "Where ya want 'em?" I showed him the spot way back in the back corner of the cellar, around the corner, where they had to go, and he sez "OK." 8:07 they were headed out the driveway. There were 6 damaged bags in the 5 ton, they had a dozen extra in one of the pickups, and swapped 'em out as they spotted 'em. Normally I horse 'em down there myself, wife didn't want me to this year. Anybody in the area looking for pellets, I highly recommend these guys. Professional, courteous, and efficient locally owned family business. Price posted in price reports. MWP $219/ton. Delivery available, call for prices on others. Tell him Hoss the Hermit sent ya, and get $5/ ton off. 207-852-1316.

Attachments

• P1040716.jpg
    P1040716.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 304
Hoss, Thats a pretty nice stack of pellets you got there! Sounds like they took good care of you too! You must be honored to have a discount with your name attached! If you mention my name at my local pellet seller they would probably add another 10% or so. :)

Keep us posted on how the MWP do for you. I am very curious and would like to try some myself!

j-takeman said:
Hoss, Thats a pretty nice stack of pellets you got there! Sounds like they took good care of you too! You must be honored to have a discount with your name attached! If you mention my name at my local pellet seller they would probably add another 10% or so. :)

Keep us posted on how the MWP do for you. I am very curious and would like to try some myself!

Well, Jay, I burned a ton of 'em last year, no issues, they kept the house warm, and after the last 2 years I've figgered out that the Revolution will burn most anything, and get heat out of it. I dump the ash pan when it needs dumping. These guys are a new startup outfit, about 10 miles away, started doing business last fall. They have Athens, and I think Corinth, and are looking at getting another supplier, I think. These pellets have travelled a total of less than 100 miles from where they grew up as trees. Petroleum burned in going from stump to fire is at a minimum. Still a small outfit, I was just real impressed that somebody would be up and doing somethig at that time of day. I'm an early riser, and like to get my doin's done early. That way I can get a buzz on and be in bed as soon as I finish this. G'night.

Status
Not open for further replies.