In a hurry need advice on hooking up eko 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2010
new mexico
I am in crunch time now but still a few weeks until snow may come. I am moving into home in the next week but still hooking up my boiler. I have help from a plumber, but he has never hooked up a wood furnace.
I am hooking up in my wood room that will be a part of my future garage. I have an Eko 40 with no other heat source at this time. I will hook up a propane boiler into the system next summer. My boiler and hot water heater are in my wood room. I will also have a 250 gallon propane tank for storage. I have looked everywhere for larger tanks with no luck. I will add more storage as I fine the tanks. I have 4 1'14 lines in the ground from my wood room to my house. Any advice on how to hook everything up. Also any diagrams would help. Again I do have a plumber he just wants a little help. Thanks
joe ed

The stickies on the top of this forum have want you need, including how to run your Eko. You can have the plumber add so T's for future storage expansion now with shutoff valves (which you may need for balancing anyway). Look at the simple pressurized storage design by Nofossil.

I'd personally recommend not rushing this job. I think taking your time will save you time and money in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.