In the dark with the last load of the evening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwood

Dec 3, 2009
It sucks getting off work when the sun goes down. The pic is of the last load I brought up to the house yesterday evening (sorry it's my phone camera I was in a hurry). This morning the house is toasty warm, the wife is happy and all is well. :)

Attachments

• 1848.jpg
    1848.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 454
I wish I had a Bobcat. Wood looks well seasoned!

wetwood said:
It sucks getting off work when the sun goes down. The pic is of the last load I brought up to the house yesterday evening (sorry it's my phone camera I was in a hurry). This morning the house is toasty warm, the wife is happy and all is well. :)
At least you have work to get off from! Especially with those toys!

Definitely keep the wife happy.

After I got the porch filled up Monday night, a foggy drizzling rain settled in and it will be here till Thursday so I beat the bullet. Had planed on doing it over the weekend but the birth of my granddaughter was far more important than firewood. basswidow, that last load was oak that had seasoned for 2 years. the other 3 loads where mixed mulberry, elm, and maple. gzecc, yes I like my toys but I don't own any fun toys, all the toys I have help make my life easier... and with the toys I have, you are right Mr. Savage, just like the father character in the last Transformers movie said “Happy wife happy life. Unhappy wife, stone cold misery for the rest of your..... It’s true.â€
I know this weather is normal for some of you folks but as dry as we are here every bit helps.

Attachments

• DSCN0714a.jpg
    DSCN0714a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 261
One more thing I should mention about my wife. I can't do firewood without her helping. All I get to do is cut or stack. I haven't got to run the splitter for over a year now.

Not saying it's a bad thing....

When I leave for work its dark. WHen I get home its dark. Of course I waited until now to start splitting next years wood. Its been cut to 18" long rounds and has been staring at me for 6 months. Now all I can do is split it on the weekends, which is not what I would like to do.

I wish my wife would help. She does bring me beers when I'm workin out there so I guess I can't complain too much.

wetwood said:
One more thing I should mention about my wife. I can't do firewood without her helping. All I get to do is cut or stack. I haven't got to run the splitter for over a year now.

Not saying it's a bad thing....

Thats Awesome!

Yea, I love my Bobcat too. I now use it to lift a bucket full of splits up to the deck so I can keep it handy to the stove. Saving me going up and down the steps a million times. Keep finding more uses all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.