In the spirit of the season...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarr

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2012
Southbury, CT
I searching this forum and cannot find any info on a good reputable dealer near me. I thought if someone could vouch for one, I would buy myself a couple cords in order to get ahead. I have not been able to get a lot scrounged up using Craigslist or anything.

Then I thought others on this forum or lurking here must be thinking the same thing. So is it within the rules to post who your go to dealer is for wood? Or do you generally keep that a secret when you find a good connection?

If anyone wants to reply about the one honest person they've found (especially if they live near me) then I would love to hear it.

most on here are very good with sharing info on dealers. only 1 dealer around me that sells half ways decent wood. Even his though isnt as dry as I would want to burn this year.

Call a few firewood sellers. Go check out their wood.
You need some for next year anyway, buy from a few & see what you get.
"Worst" is it'll be good next year &
if it's oak, 2 years & then it's primo ;)
"Best": you get some good enough to burn now :)

Good luck

Reactions: PapaDave
Try to call a few tree company's,some but not all will give away softwoods like maple,pine and cherry. When i lived in the city i made friends with a few they'd call me everytime they were cutting up a maple..:)

Try to call a few tree company's,some but not all will give away softwoods like maple,pine and cherry. When i lived in the city i made friends with a few they'd call me everytime they were cutting up a maple..:)
I agree tree companies are great we had one on villiage contract that delivered to me but that ended with the contract ;hm

Pete

I've called two tree services that are near me, and wouldn't you know it, they are both wood burners. One said that he had over 100 cords of wood in different logs sitting at a site. He would dump them at my house for $100 a cord.

$100 a cord seems like too much for green logs dumped on my front lawn. Do you agree?

I have never bought any logs but from what I am seeing others on here they are getting logs lengths they seem to be paying less than half what a split cord sells for in real

Reactions: chazcarr
Status
Not open for further replies.