Indeck Pellets in Stock TSC Warsaw,NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
Just picked up a few bags to try. $4.49 ea or 214 a ton. Were totally out of stock for awhile. Seen some have tried these with mixed results.

Was in the Oswego,NY store today ,and they have them also. Asked about cherry pits ,and they are out of them for the season.

The Indeck pellets I got from Menard's in International Falls, MN were a whole lot cheaper ... $3/bag. They're made in Wisconsin so trucking to NY may be the difference or quantity Menard's buys as a chain store. The only problem for us is we have to pay duty/tax to land in Canada so it ups the bottom line $ and more hassle.

Lake Girl said:
.....The only problem for us is we have to pay duty/tax to land in Canada so it ups the bottom line $ and more hassle.

Just curious....what does the duty fee add to the cost (final cost per bag or ton)?

Have to pay Minnesota tax but may be able to be reimbursed (but I have enough paperwork already thanks). Exchange rate on dollar then 15% (Federal/provincial tax). Not sure if there is duty on these when buying by the ton as we have only bought a couple of bags at a time - it depends on if they are covered as part of Free Trade agreement. Also have to transport and deal with Customs (time needed variable depending on the day). Just not sure if pellet quality warrants the hassle.

Only one place where delivery is handled by supplier - local Home hardware. They carry Heartland which seems to be the way we are heading because of convenience.

Had the opportunity to pick up 20 bags of these last spring, (2010/2011 Heating season production)
although a bit heavy on the ash I like them and they put out great heat.
Very very low dust and waste at the bottom of the bag.
Not sure what they are like this year but if Indeck reduced the ash a bit I would not hesitate to purchase the if available in this area.
Never seen these in NH before either.

Status
Not open for further replies.