Install done, and Inspected today...YAY!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Well, having finished the install last Saturday, I made the call to the town Monday and set-up the inspection for this morning. Town inspector showed up right on time, took a couple looks, asked a couple of questions (pipe sealed?, CO detectors in house?, etc). Asked me if I had fired the stove up, and I said yes, and that I had checked for leaks.

Bottom line, he said "you're good to go! I'll send you the approval in the mail this week". :)

We then spent the next 20 minutes talking pellet stoves, and he was really interested since he has a 100 Yr old house that he wants to put a pellet stove into. He liked the Astoria, and I mentioned to him that since he had a fireplace in the house, he could do an insert.

We had a great chat, and he's a nice guy.

Well, I'm finished everyone.....when old man winter decides to show his face, I'm ready!!

Good luck to everybody else who's getting their stoves installed.....don't forget, we need to see pics, or it didn't really happen.... :lol:

congrats and enjoy the heat..

Yup, its a good feeling after the install and sign off. Funny, my inspector came out to the house...looked at the insert from about 20 feet away, asked "who installed it"..told him, and he said that will be $25 please and left.

Good deal macman! Now you can rock and roll and enjoy the warmth. We've only used our stove for a few days now and getting used to the whole new way of heating, but somehow it sure feels warmer than before.

Steve

Good for you Mac. Happy burning and may you have very good luck with your new stove.

Great news !!! Good for you & hope all your questions will be nice & easy to solve should you have any . Muss Ps. never heard back from Travis

muss said:
Ps. never heard back from Travis

Muss,

I forget what you were going to contact them for...did I give you the cust. service number? I called them and talked to a real person.....if you need the #, PM me.

And thanks everyone....I ran the stove a few days here while the temps got into the low 40's and high 30's....ran great, plenty of heat on low setting....room stove is in was 71, and back of house was 69....plenty warm for me.

macman said:
Well, having finished the install last Saturday, I made the call to the town Monday and set-up the inspection for this morning. Town inspector showed up right on time, took a couple looks, asked a couple of questions (pipe sealed?, CO detectors in house?, etc). Asked me if I had fired the stove up, and I said yes, and that I had checked for leaks.

Bottom line, he said "you're good to go! I'll send you the approval in the mail this week". :)

We then spent the next 20 minutes talking pellet stoves, and he was really interested since he has a 100 Yr old house that he wants to put a pellet stove into. He liked the Astoria, and I mentioned to him that since he had a fireplace in the house, he could do an insert.

We had a great chat, and he's a nice guy.

Well, I'm finished everyone.....when old man winter decides to show his face, I'm ready!!

Good luck to everybody else who's getting their stoves installed.....don't forget, we need to see pics, or it didn't really happen.... :lol:

Excellent Mac!!

lol....its funny with inspections....sometimes we(at least I do anyway) get more worked up over the inspections than we should lol. I completely closed in my porch off my kitchen this summer with giant windows and made it part of the house...going to heat it someday but fine for now. The inspector that came was a lil ole man..nice as pie. Told him I was going to heat it eventually and he went on about making sure I insulated it well etc lol. Kind of a grandfather type advice etc. Even though I knew I built it well....I still worried about the inspection...lol.

Great job on the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.