install price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had mine installed yesterday in a masonary fireplace (was an insert). Full reline, no OAK. Connectors, pipe, cap was about $450. labor was about $450. Installer also set up the insert, installed the surround, put a bag of pellets in, showed me how to start it up/stop it, and hung around for 30 minutes to make sure it was going to be ok.. So parts & labor abour $900.

hwdemers said:
How much did you pay for your pellet stove install: how much was parts how much was labor, and what was you set up(eg. Straight out with fresh air, up and out no outside air)

Hi hwdemers

Well, I installed it myself so this is what it cost.

$600 for the raised hearth and tiled back including 220v 900 watt electric kickspace heater and rope lights with tiled mantle.

$250 for 4" pellet pipe to connect into my chimney and 2" Outside fresh air flex pipe and connectors. See pics below

$250 for duct work and registers to distribute the heat upstairs from the basement.

So about $1100 for parts but if I paid someone else to do this work, then I could not afford it!!

See 150 Degree heat coming out of register into the Kitchen and Living room!!

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 274
  • PS3PelletStoveBackplane&connection 100sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackplane&connection 100sc.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 311
  • PS1PelletStove 013SC.jpg
    PS1PelletStove 013SC.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 309
  • PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 004sc1.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 004sc1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 293
  • PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 290sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 290sc.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 272
hwdemers said:
That is a kick a$$ setup. Not sure my wife would like it but it would love to build something like this at a customers house

Thanks hwdemers

The sliding Mitre saw and table saw I had really helped alot in building it!

Also, just 2 days ago I got the Microprocessor for flashing the rope lights and summer time lamp kit I made.
See video in post below:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/75397/

Mine cost me 1300 for floor pad, pipe, installing everything and delivery. They also started it left it run to make sure everything was working.

I having mine installed in a few weeks, about 1450 for install. oak and about 11 foot rise and delivery.

After three trips, the stove was installed for 900, that did not include the prep of the space, I put down the ceramic tile over the cement floor. The installer came and put on a 3 foot inside raise with a t and clean out. then an elbow and horizontal out. They cut the hole wrong. the outside hole was cut a foot away from the inside hole. Good thing I kept some siding.
The first bill was for $1200, I disputed it and asked for an itemized list. They came back wth a "sorry" we billed twice for the installation kit. They would not put in the OAK. Later, with a mountain load of advice from this site, I installed the OAK and realized how valuable it is. The installer didn't leave the stove manual, didn't show me how to run the stove, and didn't do any follow up. I have since found out, that installer and the manager are no longer employed by the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.