installing a the fire boss wood burning stove by thermolator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

51Barbara

Dec 8, 2010
Dayton, Oh
I need the installing guide lines for my the Fire Boss "B" II wood burning stove free standing, it was installed in
the 70's.

My new home insurance company said it is not up to code.
It is installed 12 inches from the wall they want it to be 24 ins.
to change to the standard code, will cost me up to $3000. So I need someone with the
installation instructions for this stove.
Please help!!!!

frogs said:
I need the installing guide lines for my the Fire Boss "B" II wood burning stove free standing, it was installed in
the 70's.

My new home insurance company said it is not up to code.
It is installed 12 inches from the wall they want it to be 24 ins.
to change to the standard code, will cost me up to $3000. So I need someone with the
installation instructions for this stove.
Please help!!!!

I can't help with the manufacturer's documents, but if you want advice, please post photos, and what is included in the $3000 quote.

The stove needs to be 36" from the nearest combustible surface on all sides. If the wall have shielding this distance can be reduced, depending on the wall shielding. Do you have brick on the walls?

Why would moving the stove away from the walls cost $3000? It would seem a simple offset in the pipe would do the job, but perhaps I'm missing something.

BeGreen said:
The stove needs to be 36" from the nearest combustible surface on all sides. If the wall have shielding this distance can be reduced, depending on the wall shielding. Do you have brick on the walls?

Why would moving the stove away from the walls cost $3000? It would seem a simple offset in the pipe would do the job, but perhaps I'm missing something.

+1 Hence my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.