Installing Base Trim Riser for VC Montpelier Georgian Surround

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekazmirek

Oct 2, 2011
Bridgewater, NJ
So, we got our new stove insert and so far everything has gone pretty smoothly on the install.

When we placed the order, I mentioned to the sales associate that even after the Georgian surround was in place, we would still have a 3/4" gap between top of surround and fireplace opening.

He suggested the Base Trim 1" Riser kit (Part # LHE30R1) to cover the gap. Sounds great. For an extra $30, made sense. While the order was being placed, I asked if they could show me on their in-store display unit where/how it would attach within the surround setup.

They had no idea (they've never sold one) and they could not find any documentation on it either through their distributor's website/catalog nor on the VC website. But, I figured the thing would come with paperwork and would figured it out when the time came.

Well, the time has come! And alas, the piece came without paperwork and I have searched the VC website without any luck. I have even done extensive web searches for diagrams, forums, to see if anyone has an answers. No luck, so last night I joined Hearth.com and here I am asking my first question. So, between the lack of paperwork with the piece and the fact that the pre-drilled screw holes don't seem to line up with ANY other holes/screws on either the stove unit or the Georgian surround, I am clueless!

Anyone have experience with this?

Any help is appreciated!

Eric

Welcome Eric. Your dealer should not have sold you the part as a solution without knowing where and how it is attached. They should call VC tomorrow morning and get this information faxed to them.

What does the base riser kit look like? This is just a wild guess, but does it look like it could fit under the base of the insert?

Attachments

• base riser.jpg
    base riser.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 475
Wow- Thanks!

I will try this.

I briefly thought about this last night, but I felt that the flimsy piece of sheet metal would become flattened under the weight of the cast iron stove & surround.

But, I'll see what I can come up with.

If not, I will go see my dealer on Tuesday. (they are closed Sun/Mon)

Thanks again!

Welcome fellow Montpelier owner I'm on my fourth season! I'm here if you have any questions. VC does not deal with customers, everything must go threw the dealer!

Status
Not open for further replies.