installing EF2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I am trying to install my EF2. I have a brand new set of 3" stove pit kit. It won't work. The appliance adapter wont fit onto the exhaust. I looked at the manual and it states that a 3" or 4" pipe can be used. What do I do? Is there an adapter that goes from 4" to 3"? I tried to find one on pf the websites ( venting pipe.com) and can't seem to find one. I can not afford to buy a 4" vent kit. Can someone help me out here. There has to be a decreaser of some sort right? Or am I doing it backwards, should I be looking for a 3" to 4" increaser?

does it not fit because they are the exact same size or do you have a 4" flange on the stove? if they are the same size the pipe manufacturer may offer different stove adapters.

Chris, DuraVent pro makes a 3"---->4" increaser, but not the other way around......or do you have a different brand?

Thanks guys, I finally got it done. The adapter was just slightly bent in an area, so I took some pliers and bent it the other way, finally got it to go on.

Hello

Yes, you can use either 3" or 4" venting. Glad it worked out.

See diagram in pic below:

Attachments

• EF2Venting.jpg
    EF2Venting.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.