Installing the outsde air kit on a Quad CB 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gobuck

Dec 11, 2008
RI
I am trying to install a outside air kit on my Classic Bay 1200 free stander, and I can't figure where I attach the kit to the stove.
I cut out the square where I think it goes, based on the great directions in the manual. There is a whole in the floor of the stove
that is in front of the exhaust fan. Do I cover that? Do I drill holes and mount the kit to the back of the stove?
I am a total newby. Preston Trading Post, where I bought the stove, didn't know what I was talking about when I called them.
I have been reading many of the posters comments and am amazed at the knowledge on here.
Thanks for any help you may give.

gobuck said:
I am trying to install a outside air kit on my Classic Bay 1200 free stander, and I can't figure where I attach the kit to the stove.
I cut out the square where I think it goes, based on the great directions in the manual. There is a whole in the floor of the stove
that is in front of the exhaust fan. Do I cover that? Do I drill holes and mount the kit to the back of the stove?
I am a total newby. Preston Trading Post, where I bought the stove, didn't know what I was talking about when I called them.
I have been reading many of the posters comments and am amazed at the knowledge on here.
Thanks for any help you may give.

I looked at the manual for your stove online, and to be honest, those directions suck. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but i have NO idea how that is supposed to attach/work. Hopefully, someone with your stove will chime in and give you some help.

BTW, what a laugh that your dealer didn't know what you were talking about.....worthless.

EDIT: just saw this thread.....might help:
www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/30693/

Stupidity of Quadrafire Castile OAK Read this post, down a bit. Shows my set up.

I covered that hole with the plate that came with the kit. I then pulled the stove and noticed that it looked like it drew air from the bottom of the stove. That is when I called the stove store. The service guy didn't know what I was talking about.
You look like you set it up perfectly. Nice Job.

Thanks a bunch!

The close off plate is for if you draw the air through a hole in the floor. Like a trailer or a crawl space.

Status
Not open for further replies.