InstantHeat pellet - redue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TboneMan

Mar 20, 2008
Central NY
So I drive passed my local TSC yesterday and I notice stacks and stacks of pellets in their yard. So I stop in to check pricing/brand and availability.

Well they had well over 100 ton in the yard.

They were InstantHeat (Addison, NY) for $196/ton.

When I bought my stove back in '07, it came with 3 free ton of pellets. They were InstantHeat.

If found the bags generally had a lot of fines and they produced a lot of clinkers (not a good first experience). I've since used almost exclusively New England Wood Pellets (NY plant) and had very good luck with them.

That said.... it is tough to pass up $196/ton in my market. NEWP come Sept 1 will be over $220-$230/ton.

My question, has anyone used Instantheat Pellets in the past year or so and can speak to their recent quality?

If you do a search on this forum, you will find that the majority of people are less than impressed with Instant Heat, and they are at best, a shoulder season pellet. If you have had good luck with the NEWP. I personally would stick to those. It doesn't do any good to buy cheap pellets and then have to burn more of them to get the same amount of heat as a better pellet.

newf lover said:
If you do a search on this forum, you will find that the majority of people are less than impressed with Instant Heat, and they are at best, a shoulder season pellet. If you have had good luck with the NEWP. I personally would stick to those. It doesn't do any good to buy cheap pellets and then have to burn more of them to get the same amount of heat as a better pellet.

I did a search and the most recent posts were form 2009. That's why is title the thread with "redue". I apologize I should have been more specific.

I, in fact, posted my less that stellar reviews of the product back then.

I was interested to hear any updates people might have.

I burnt 4 tons and my brother burnt 5 tons last season. They are high ash and late in the season started to clinker alot. I have not used alot of brands so I have no oppinion for comparison. I would buy 4 tons in a heart beat at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.