Insurance Questionnaire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libber

Jul 20, 2011
Eastern MI
Hello,

I have a Quadra Fire Isle Royale wood stove, (2004 I think). The insurance company is asking if there is an air jacket around the cumbustion chamber. I have no idea what this means and I even contacted quadra fire and they are only guessing that maybe yes it does but cannot be certain because the don't know what an "air jacket" is either..... Anyone know?

Thank you!

Some stoves are like double wall and the blower in the back blows air around the stove inbetween the two walls to pick up heat and blow it out into the room, keeps the outer wall cooler.

Some stoves have heat shields on the sides and back to create that air space to keep heat from radiating so much out the back and sides this lowers the distance you have to have from stove from walls.

Buck stoves used to be double wall.

Here is a Vogelzang Ponderosa with heat shields:

Ponderosa.jpg

On the back of the stove is some shielding, can this be considered an "air jacket"? I can't seem to get any answers from quadra fire people!

Thank you

The answer is always "yes".

"Is this going to be a supplemental heat source for the home?"......"yes"
"Was the stove installed by a certified installer?"......."yes"
"Was the install inspected by local authority having jurisdiction?"....."yes"
"Are you sick of my ridiculously long set of insurance questions?"...."yes"

:)

if there is a gap between the shielding and the stove, then yes, that is jacketed, but only in the back. Looking at the pic of the Quad that A1Stoves posted in the link above, that unit does not have a jacket around the top and sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.