Interesting CL posting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, at least he wasn't selling it as a cord of Oak for 2 bills.

LOL each tree is 200 ??? I don't know what prices are locally for c/s wood but..... that seems awfully expensive.

Shawn

Perhaps they are good lumber trees in which case I have no idea what they would be worth.

If we're just talking firewood, that's ridiculous.

I have been looking for grapple loads and it seems like I can get them for about $120 per cord delivered to my doorstep. To have to cut down the tree, limb it, buck it, and then find a way to get it home or $200 per tree, it seems like there better be about 4 cords per tree to make it somewhat close to being worth while. That would be a monster tree. LOL

wannabegreener said:
I have been looking for grapple loads and it seems like I can get them for about $120 per cord delivered to my doorstep. To have to cut down the tree, limb it, buck it, and then find a way to get it home or $200 per tree, it seems like there better be about 4 cords per tree to make it somewhat close to being worth while. That would be a monster tree. LOL

Then all your gear would have to have a moster tree slant to it! (big saw Bigger Money) I would say the logger have already turn him down.

Actually Jay, he may think his trees are worth more than the loggers offered him! Oak is a terrible market right now!

Does that $200 per tree include 2 nights lodging in that leaky holey tent,or is that extra?

Well, at one time $200 per tree would have been a low price, but no more. I laugh at a neighbor who has wanted to sell off about 100 oaks and can't even get $100 per tree. I tell him to just be patient and some day the market will return. In the meantime he can feed the deer and turkeys with all the acorns.

That folks, is just plain sad....Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.