Irene smacks the neighbors around...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
....and gave me some black locust and oak. I know, I know --- the pics are not so good - from my cell phone cam. But you get the idea. I met 2 new tree guys today that will be dropping of some more black locust this week. Lots of trees down in my 'hood, and the power is out everywhere around us (our block never went out). Some tree damage to cars and homes, but everyone escaped unharmed, Thank God. It could have been MUCH worse.

Attachments

• zzstorm.jpg
    zzstorm.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 424
  • zzstorm2.jpg
    zzstorm2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 428
  • zz storm3.jpg
    zz storm3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 434
...and there is LOTS more where that came from. Unfortunately, my neighbors STILL don't have their power back. :long:

With those kinds of opportunities, I might be inclined to take a few days off. Glad you made it through ok.

Stock up now!

Saw some rain and wind . . . not a whole lot of trees down . . . but at least one I guess . . . lost power at 4 p.m. on Sunday . . . as of an hour ago we were still without power.

I just so happened to have a schedualed vacation Sat. thru Wed.....we were supposed to go to Lake George and Saratoga - but Irene had other ideas. Now I'll spend the next few days finishing '12-'13 wood supply. I'd rather be up at the lake, but, what can you do? :shut:

Thanks for the pics.
Shows how it does not have to be a hurricane to cause severe damage.
Good luck.
Stock up on all the wood you can, next winter's wood supply may be abundant now, but getting a few more years ahead is a good feeling.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.