ironwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucketboy

Aug 7, 2009
central ontario
i have some small ironwoods at my place and wondered if they were fair for fire wood. they are propabably 8 inch round. they are 40 or 50 feet high in amongst the rest of the small stuff in the bush.

There are two trees called Ironwood and both are very good firewood. Their wood is very dense; like oak or even more dense than oak. I'd plan to season them two years to make sure you get the full benefit from them. I think they'd be great for overnight.

Its one of the best,same density,sometimes a bit more than any of the Hickories.Hard to find it much bigger than what you got,being its a small understory tree.Definetly worth the wait for it to dry 2yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.