Is it ok to run two pieces of adjustable pipe in a run.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsa0021

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2008
Ohio
Iam redoing my stove pipe using Security Secure-Temp double wall pipe (matches the class A). From the ceiling box down I need a 45, 18" straight, 45, 30" straight and stove adapter. They don't make a 18" or 30" straight so I want to use a 12" straight and 3-9" adjustable for the 18" run and a 24" straight with another 3-9" adjustable straight then the stove adapter. This going into a nc13. Is it ok to use two adjustable pipes? Just want to make sure before I order.

Use as many as you like...they're all rated for use in the flue from stove to the transition to Class A chimney. Once you get it assembled just the way you want it, it's a real good idea to put three screws in those adjustable sections where they end up overlapping, just as you do in all the other piping connections. Rick

I had to use two curved pipes back to back to get the right angle after replacing my Vermont Castings coal stove with a Pacific Energy wood stove. I was worried abut poor draft or smoke pouring out around the seems. I've fired the stove several times and haven't had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.