Is the Fireview the next 30, Summit, BKK....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, this year started out big with the Blaze King crowd and now they seem to be falling off some. I'm waiting for that new bigger Woodstock stove hopefully next year, then you will really see some chatter at Hearth.com.

Sedore! (for pook)

Todd said:
I don't know, this year started out big with the Blaze King crowd and now they seem to be falling off some. I'm waiting for that new bigger Woodstock stove hopefully next year, then you will really see some chatter at Hearth.com.

Whoa! Hold on a minute there, podnuhs, did I just hear someone say a "bigger" Woodstock stove is a'comin'? What's th' lowdown on it? I've been fussin' over that small firebox an' wishin' it was more roomy. Sounds like I need to wait, huh? Much obliged!

The "Bigger/better/larger/more efficient/retro" Fireview has been in the rumor mill for quite a while. To the best of my knowledge nobody here has yet seen it. For a while the rumor was on a more efficient upgrade for the Fireview to improve output that was supposed to be retrofitted to existing ones. I think that rumor has been squashed. The last version that seemed closest to reality and somewhat verifiable is that they do have something(s) in the works that may be a larger stove - more heat output at any rate. Not yet ready for production or even ready to be shown to anyone (i.e. still in the back of the development labs).

This sort of makes easy sense - what company would NOT have something new in development? Clearly small improvements to their current lineup will continue but can only do so much to keep them competitive so another stove would make sense. Not much room to go down in size in the wood stove market (like they did with that cute gas stove). I suppose they could come out with a pellet stove, but other than that the only other direction would be to go with a larger stove and wood seems to be a good option.

I have yet to see anything verifiable (i.e. "on the record" from anyone at the company) stating that they will have a larger stove out and/or giving any sort of a timeline. Again - to do so any more than 1/2 to 1 season before you can (confidently) sell and meet production demand for the new stove could be bad for your company as many folks just might hold off buying a stove and if you had any delays in getting the larger stove out the PR nightmare could really hurt your reputation.

I don't know how long it takes from the time you design a stove and decide you want to add it to your lineup to the time you can get EPA certification etc and get it on the market, but I expect it isn't a very fast process. I'll also be we'll hear lots of noise if/when such a new product is about to be released.

Agreed, if Woodstock did decided to make a larger stove, I would expect it to be a year or two out.

makes sense for them to do it.... hearthstone has 2 larger than th FV: the mansfield and the equinox... however, a new stove costs at least a million to prototype, test, introduce and sell..

I talked with someone at Woodstock a couple months ago, he said they haven't made much progress on new stove cuz they were too busy and could barely keep up with orders. IMO it won't happen for a couple more years.

Todd said:
I talked with someone at Woodstock a couple months ago, he said they haven't made much progress on new stove cuz they were too busy and could barely keep up with orders. IMO it won't happen for a couple more years.

Well, RATS! That 2.2 cf is just too small. but I may have to pull the trigger on it anyway, but I sure like the 3.0 on the Isle Royale! Maybe I'll go for that one!

Texas boy said:
Todd said:

Well, RATS! That 2.2 cf is just too small. but I may have to pull the trigger on it anyway!

That 2.2 cat powered hunk of rock is gonna heat the joint just fine. Everything in Texas doesn't have to be the biggest. :lol:

Of course this native Texan says that as he watches the night load in his 3.5cf firebox settle down so he can go out and lock the doors on the 454 Suburban. :red:

BrotherBart said:
Texas boy said:
Todd said:

Well, RATS! That 2.2 cf is just too small. but I may have to pull the trigger on it anyway!

That 2.2 cat powered hunk of rock is gonna heat the joint just fine. Everything in Texas doesn't have to be the biggest. :lol:

Yeah, I know, but I'm not going for the Equinox! I am being somewhat MODEST, although it's hard for us Texans to do that y'know!
BTW, can't find the Longhorn Cafe, 'cept up in Lazbuddie. Where was it here in Lubbock?

EatenByLimestone said:
Seems like we're seeing an awful lot of discussion about these this year...

Matt

I suspect part of momentum of this discussion is due to a migration from VC stoves to alternative cats. Woodstock is poised to capitalize on the Vermont made charisma. More power to them.

OOTH, I'm sad to see the VC name struggling. Looks like the Montpelier so far is working on polishing the tarnish off of the brand. Hope they continue to rebuild the brand.

BeGreen said:
EatenByLimestone said:

Matt

I suspect part of momentum of this discussion is due to a migration from VC stoves to alternative cats. Woodstock is poised to capitalize on the Vermont made charisma. More power to them.

OOTH, I'm sad to see the VC name struggling. Looks like the Montpelier so far is working on polishing the tarnish off of the brand. Hope they continue to rebuild the brand.

"OOTH??"

Texas boy said:
BeGreen said:
EatenByLimestone said:

Matt

"OOTH??"

OOTH = What you say when someone significantly larger and more determined punches you in the stomach. As in "On the OTher Hand I think your girlfriend is actually quite lovely and you are welcome to sit there, I was just leaving..."

Texas Boy, I too have spoken with someone at Woodstock who confirmed the new stove but also confirmed that it may be years before it is into production. Also, the Fireview heats us good in Michigan and Wisconsin so I think it should be able to handle any sort of Texas weather too. Dang nice looking stove too.

Status
Not open for further replies.