Is The Tax Incentive Going To Change?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fdegree

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2009
Southern Delaware
Perhaps my dementia is kicking in, but I seem to have read...someplace...that the tax incentive may go up to 50% instead of the current 30%. Has anyone heard anything about this?

It is currently at 30% for 2010, but depending on what the Senate includes in the Cash for Caulkers program, this could bump up to 50%. They haven't yet finished writing the bill.

cycloxer said:
It is currently at 30% for 2010, but depending on what the Senate includes in the Cash for Caulkers program, this could bump up to 50%. They haven't yet finished writing the bill.

Is there any estimation as when the final draft will be written and voted upon?

Could the new bill change the tax incentive for 2010, or are they writing this bill for after the 2010 deadline?

You want an estimate from Washington? Surely you jest. It is supposed to be for 2010. I follow these bills, so I will post when I hear something definitive. There is a 'draft' in the Senate right now. Biomass heaters are in there. I have heard percentages as high as 50%. That is all I know.

I care less about the %, more about the cap...

CarbonNeutral said:
I care less about the %, more about the cap...

That was going to be my next question, but it sounds like it is too early to tell.

The current cap in Caulkers is a massive $12k tax credit. Yes, you read that right. No details on how this breaks down though and/or if there are limits for certain products.

cycloxer said:
The current cap in Caulkers is a massive $12k tax credit. Yes, you read that right.

That would be mint. Hello boiler and a whole bunch of foam.

cycloxer said:
The current cap in Caulkers is a massive $12k tax credit. Yes, you read that right. No details on how this breaks down though and/or if there are limits for certain products.

Wow. Hello new solar panels... Wouldn't cross my mind not to. The only downside will be the 600+ posts that I'll make to a solar panel forum :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.