Is there a proper pellet flame Video here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epehubb

Jan 9, 2010
SWCT
A friend was over this weekend and saw my Breckwell P23FS running and said my flame was "too big". I was on 1, 1+4. He has a pellet stove as well. not sure the brand. He said he runs his with the flame barely above the rim of the burnpot, with only a few pellets in the burnpot at a time.

Do any of you pros out there have a video showing a proper flame?

Maybe his flame is too small and he's jealous. When it comes right down to it....it is a fire. Too much fuel,too little fuel,too much draft,too little draft......etc. I would suggest that you experiment with the draft settings,maybe get a heat gauge if it suits you,but unless you are having problems,you should relax and rest easy.Not all stoves I would doubt,deliver the same amount of pellets for each setting.Your friend may be running his draft far too wide and letting precious heat warm the planet instead of his house.

Pete, that's funny- I haven't heard anyone here mention "flame envy" but I'm sure it exists! I know that the flame goes up and down due to pellet feed inconsistencies and draft control, I was just looking to see if one of the experienced pros here could show a "perfect" flame that I could take as an average and adjust mine to replicate.

I dunno I've always thought my flame was right on.
Here's my St Croix on setting #2... or maybe #3 I forget..
anyway... (has 1 - 5).

th_sparkitup.jpg

Xena said:
I dunno I've always thought my flame was right on.
Here's my St Croix on setting #2... or maybe #3 I forget..
anyway... (has 1 - 5).

th_sparkitup.jpg

Nice Video Xena! Good Tune Choice Also!! That flame looks alot like my exp on #3 setting.

Thanks Xena! I wish I could get my girl to be as into the stove as you and I both are. My flame is similar and based on the feedback here I'll tell my friend to F'Off!

Thanks Xena! I wish I could get my girl to be as into the stove as you and I both are. My flame is similar and based on the feedback here I'll tell my friend to F'Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.