Is this a sign of the times or?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
From the Southern Maine Renewable Fuels website this morning....

Product Update
As of Thursday, October 13:

-Envi Blocks, Envi-8's and Barefoot pellets are temporarily unavailable. It may be 1-2 months before we receive a consistent supply.

-Bio Bricks are temporarily unavailable. We have a good supply of Canawick Bricks, the same hardwood brick as the Bio Bricks, but wrapped in plastic.

-Our next load of Okanagan wood pellets is not due in until the end of the month. Anyone ordering Okanagan pellets today can expect a delay in delivery.

-Our weekly delivery of Cubex pellets was delayed until the end of next week. Anyone ordering Cubex today can expect an additional week or two delay.

-Good supply of PWI and Canawick hardwood pellets. Consider trying both of these brands and picking up a supply if you're waiting for either Okanagan or Cubex pellets to arrive.

Well, with the increased purchases of pellet stoves across the US and seeing how most of us are starting the burning season, I guess it's not all that surprising. Someone on another thread mentioned that rail service through Vermont and N.H. had been disrupted as a result of the hurricane awhile back. Don't know if this could contribute to the problem. Just glad I got mine back in July! :lol:

EarlyMan

An article in the Boston Globe this AM stated that there will be record prices for HHO this winter, approximatley $200 more than last year. Ouch, glad I got my 5 ton!

Here is one thread with info.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/79151/

Another reason is supplies are getting lower than what was available during the oil recession. Oils up and other pellet burners are coming back to save a buck or two. Like EarlyMan said stove sales seem to be taking off. So there is more burners coming on board. Lastly is building trades and economy are still in a lull. If things aren't being made/built there is less raw fiber to be had.

Some brands that will be less effected are the whole tree/log to chip mills(like beetle kill pine) brands. Couple of brands you can fall back on(make sure you try them first). Just a short list I'm sure there are many more!

Power House/Great American

Platinum Fires

Geneva

Went to buy 4 ton of Pro-Pellets at Northfield Fireplace shop yesterday and they say they are out until mid-November. That sucks, I was trying to become an instant pellet piglet!!!

j-takeman said:

Another reason is supplies are getting lower than what was available during the oil recession. Oils up and other pellet burners are coming back to save a buck or two. Like EarlyMan said stove sales seem to be taking off. So there is more burners coming on board. Lastly is building trades and economy are still in a lull. If things aren't being made/built there is less raw fiber to be had.

Some brands that will be less effected are the whole tree/log to chip mills(like beetle kill pine) brands. Couple of brands you can fall back on(make sure you try them first). Just a short list I'm sure there are many more!

Platinum Fires

Geneva

Whole tree to chip brands may also be affected.
The low grade sawlog market is RED HOT right now. Trees that wood normally be chipped are heading for the pallet shop. We cut our chip grade log production by 60% and have been sending it for pallet wood.
Logging crews up and down the east coast can't get in timber that has been drenched for the last month creating some slack in raw material supply.

XactLEE said:
j-takeman said:

Platinum Fires

Geneva

The low grade sawlog market is RED HOT right now. Trees that wood normally be chipped are heading for the pallet shop. We cut our chip grade log production by 60% and have been sending it for pallet wood.
Logging crews up and down the east coast can't get in timber that has been drenched for the last month creating some slack in raw material supply.

Thanks for the insight! Love it when "the ins" share their scoops. Being an end user its tough getting news on the real issues.

hossthehermit said:
It's Bush's fault.

And the "next guy" will blame you know who!

Okies and Platinum Fire's are at least 3 weeks out. I am sold out of Somersets until the dec. 30th truck. Taking orders at this time.

Hey Pelletdude,

I know you own and sell the M55.....any comments on the new combustion blower? I know this is not the correct thread but saw you posted and thought I would ask. Love the M55 steel....but I am waiting for the new blower to see if it will be as quiet.

thanks

The New M55 blower is much better, slightly louder but not annoying. Enviro continues to listen to their customers, dealers and distributors.

My dealer has ordered me one of the updated blowers but read that it was louder so I am going to hold onto the old one for a few days to confirm I wanna keep it. It is so quiet now except the turning of the auger that I am afraid it is going to be very noticable with the new one.

Thanks for the reply.

j-takeman said:
XactLEE said:
j-takeman said:

Platinum Fires

Geneva

Thanks for the insight! Love it when "the ins" share their scoops. Being an end user its tough getting news on the real issues.

hossthehermit said:
It's Bush's fault.

Won't be able to blame " you know who " on "you know where"

hossthehermit said:
j-takeman said:
XactLEE said:
j-takeman said:

Platinum Fires

Geneva

hossthehermit said:
It's Bush's fault.

Won't be able to blame " you know who " on "you know where"

Then Bush gets all the blame! :)

glad I still have 11.5 ton in the shop............................

No shortage here. I got my 3 tons with no problem, which is good as I think it's gonna get cold and stay cold soon.

NEWP in Schuyler NY has a temporary shortage right now and Cubex is three weeks out for us right now. Eden is keeping up at the moment.
Pellets are being used for hydro fracturing and other non heating uses now adding to the supply shortage.

Status
Not open for further replies.