Is this TV too close to my Woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Let me clear up the hilarious ness....I have seen videos of "proper" installs except there are curtain, xmas trees, throw rugs and other flammables, etc. just a few feet away on each side of the stove. So much for installed safety. And with these exceptionally high heat 6-700STT epa stoves , to me it is disaster just waiting to happen.
Ok not seeing the humor in an unsafe situation. Btw 600 to 700 isn't even the top for modern stoves. All while running at an exhaust surface temp of 250 to 300.

But absolutely people can't just ignore safety after the install. You still need to pay attention to clearances for furniture and other combustibles

I can only speak to having dogs near my wood insert and free standing stove. They seem to have a clear understanding that they can only get so close to it. And they do all their roughhousing nearby but not too close to it. To boot, they’re dogs so I’ve never been able to verbally tell them to stay away. Don’t have kids but I’d imagine there’s probably a bigger risk of one of them running into it (like they would any object) rather than getting burned by it. Just my opinion.

I'm with @bholler on this one. My stove is in my living room. My kids (6 and 4) and dog know how close they can be and not to play near it. I've started teaching my 6 year old how to operate the stove too so he has a healthy respect for it. It's been running 24/7 for 4 months out or the year for their whole lives. As long as it's a safe install I think education and practical experience are better safety measures than wrapping them in bubble wrap. I want my kids to know how to use and respect tools.

Stove dog is a happy dog!

20211102_004342.jpg

yes, definitely. you need to tear down that chimney and rebuild it 5 feet in the opposite direction of the tv.

To me there is alot being said in the pic the OP decided to post up. Looks like a daycare to me....are 600degree wood stoves allowed in daycare rooms? Day care or not, it presents itself as a place where small kids will be allowed to be. hence the fisher price gates....LOL.... I'd hate to see a kid do a faceplant on that stove or even put a tender hand on it for a nano second. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. Personally that TV wouldn't be my main worry.
The kiddy fence keeps my daughter from getting near the stove. We are obviously not keeping children on the woodstove side of the fence. There is usually a heavy side table at each end that keeps it from moving. Not to mention this is in our downstairs where she is never unsupervised. This was a crazy take on that picture but thanks for the concern.

Reactions: bholler