Isabella Softwood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
Just picked up a few bags of these Softwood Pellets made from Red Pine. The company is Isabella Pellet from Lake Isabella Michigan. I guess these are suppose to put out good btu's and are clean. Thats why I only got 3 bags to try them out in my quad. Has anyone on here used these softwood pellets from this company ??

No, but my pellet guy is promoting them and has a good price. I'd like to hope they are good b/c I like supporting MI. I was going to pick up a couple bags and try also. Let me know if you what you find out if you burn them.

Too bad Michigan Pellets and Maeder brothers from michigan suck. Hopefully these will redeem our state...lol

Just got done burning 5 bags of Isabella Softwood that I picked up for a trial and thought they were great. Beats any of the hardwood pellets that I can get around my area that are Michigan made. I didn't have to clean my stove throughout the whole week. A little pricy but I think its worth it.

Good to know. Thanks for posting.

The place I'm getting my pellets from has them and I was hoping they would be good since I like supporting michigan. I think they were 215 ton. Which didn't seem to bad for a softwood.

I burned them and didn't like them... the size of the pellets are too inconsistent so I'm glad I only got 3 bags..

Iburnuburn,

What stove set up do you have? also what hardwoods have you burned that you are comparing with? Thanks for your info

The hardwoods I have burned are Somersets and Pro Pellets. With the softwoods I had to open up the feed rate quite a bit... but sometimes the bigger ones were not allowing other through and the stove wasn't dropping much. Thats why I like my Somersets .. nice small pellets and I dont have to have the feed rate almost all the way open.. I can have it almost all the way shut.

Thanks, i was hoping the previous poster would tell what he's burning with. Seems odd to have only one post and say 'yeah these pellets are real good'

Anyway thanks for your input, guess i'll buy a couple and check out for myself

I burned some bags towards the end of winter last year. I still have a few bags left. Overall, the ash content was super low, but the heat was low as well. I'd rate them as a shoulder season pellet. For $20 dollars more a ton, I'd rather burn the Jed's because of the difference in heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.