Isle Royale replacement fiberboard baffle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WVoheat

Dec 7, 2007
PA
I need an Isle Royale replacement fiberboard baffle (front one sandwiched between manifold tubes).

The part number is 434-0650

The shysters near me are asking $92 and Quadra Fire says MSRP is $49.

Any ideas for a lower priced one?

Has anyone made a baffle panel from Kaowool or similar material?

Fiberboard? My baffle is a solid piece with the tubes running under it, and it looks like it's firebrick on the tube side and cast on the top. Maybe we're talking about a different part here.

Can you order it direct from Quad? If not, just tell the "shysters" that you verified the MSRP is 49 and tell em you won't pay more than 60! They want your business.

The fiberboard is sandwiched between the cast iron top plate and the manifold tubes.

I was told that ceraboard would serve the purpose but finding a supplier that'll sell to "little people" (those that aren't running an oil refinery) is difficult.

Not sure what material would work well here. Castable refractory maybe? Adios Pantalones is pretty good at these type of questions, he might be able to recommend something. Like I said, there's always haggling, but for what it is, you very well may be able to do quite a bit better than $49

$49 would be nice....but that's what Quadra-Fire is selling it to dealers for. Quadra-Fire won't sell it to retail customers. Castable refractory isn't what I want...I want the fiberboard/ceraboard stuff.

How thick is it?

The half inch stuff is a groan to find. I would like some myself but everybody sells one inch thick and thicker. On another note though, Englanders use 1/2 inch and they sell the approximately 10" by 18" pieces for them for $64 plus shipping. I can't measure one right now. It is real hot in the top of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.