It feels good to give!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I loaded up a buddy with some ash tonight. He has a Chevy 2500HD with an 8' bed and we heaped it up over the bed rails, it was probably around a half cord or so.

He has an old VC stove and seen mine burning tonight for the first time. I think he's sold on the idea of getting a modern stove, he couldn't get over how it heated and he loves the window. When his son first seen the stove he asked if it was real since it had the lazy flame and the ghostly secondary burn flames. :)

Yeah I've been getting more and more jealous. :(

Good going rdust. You have really done well in your first year. Just think what next year will be like.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good going rdust. You have really done well in your first year. Just think what next year will be like.

It's kinda funny, when I started looking at stoves at the beginning of 09 I was worried I wouldn't be able to find enough wood for free. Now that things are rolling I'm turning people away. At this point I'm telling them I'll have to wait till spring to see how much I use this winter. I'm shooting to keep three years worth on hand and I think I'm on my way with around 14 cords on hand right now.

Because of all the good advice I've received from the veterans such as yourself I've been motivated to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.