It feels so good to be back!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EZsteve

Dec 26, 2010
Central Va
Here in VA it has been unbelievable warm during the day. But I am able to burn for a couple hours before my bed time. Can't wait till I can burn 24/7. Excited about the Old Dominion pellets they seem really good and made 10 minutes from my house.

Glad pellet season has started. I will be on here every day till spring. Gonna try to soak up all the knowledge I can. So just a big "HI DE HO NEIGHBOR " to everyone and a happy burn season.

Also I would like to hear from more Virginians. Where you at?

BDS

bigdaddyste said:
Here in VA it has been unbelievable warm during the day. But I am able to burn for a couple hours before my bed time. Can't wait till I can burn 24/7. Excited about the Old Dominion pellets they seem really good and made 10 minutes from my house.

Glad pellet season has started. I will be on here every day till spring. Gonna try to soak up all the knowledge I can. So just a big "HI DE HO NEIGHBOR " to everyone and a happy burn season.

Also I would like to hear from more Virginians. Where you at?

I'm in Southwest Virginia about an hour from Bristol TN (Tazewell County). Sure wish we had more access to brands of pellets, We have a pellet manufacturing facility about 45 minutes away. (American Wood Fibers)Which is the most readily available brands in our area. Seem to be good pellets, I have only burnt two brands, the other being Potomacs. This has been a great source of info for me since there are very few pellet stoves in this area and the guys in the Northeast have an amazing amount of experience and are really great at helping a novice.

I'm in the eastern part of the state. Near Williamsburg.. This is my first year burning...

Let me know how those OD Pellets do. It wouldn't be too far to drive to Bumpass if they turn out to be a decent pellet at a good price.

There is also a plant in Chester. Big Heat - not to great of a pellet though. Tons of sawdust in the bag. They are a 100% pine.

Oh, and if you look around you would be surprised all the different brands you can find. I have 11 different brands (few bags of each) to test out. Lowes, HD, SS, TSC, walmart, Farm stores... ect..

Most of them would be too expensive to buy a ton but at least I will know how they burn. I have 3.5 tons of Hardwood heat, Lignetics, and AWF. They all came from TSC. $200/ton.

Im on the Northern Neck.Patiently waiting till 11/30 for my install. Still burning a little wood in the evenings to knock the chill off.

farmboy said:
Im on the Northern Neck.Patiently waiting till 11/30 for my install. Still burning a little wood in the evenings to knock the chill off.

My family has a river cottage in Reedville. :)

Glad to see some other Virginians :)
@AW nice rigg you got in your pic. Is that a F350? I have 2500hd gmc I only do one ton @ a time although I think it would handle 2. I was down your way this summer for little league state tournament. It was in abington. My sons team finished 5th in the state.

@Graham, how did you know it was in bumpass? I actually live in mineral where the big earthquake was. Epicenter was about 4miles from my house. Had alot of stuff fall off the wall and cabinets fall over but very lucky no damage to my house. Alot of people lost their homes.

@farmboy, make sure you get that camera ready and take lots of pics of the install.

I hope we hear from more Virginians to add to the "V CREW"

It's a 250, I hauled 2 tons 1 time. i have mostly flat roads hauling pellets, the truck will handle 2 tons fine but got to thinking about overload tickets and costs. Abingdon is only about 35-40 minutes South of us.

bigdaddyste said:
@Graham, how did you know it was in bumpass? I actually live in mineral where the big earthquake was. Epicenter was about 4miles from my house. Had alot of stuff fall off the wall and cabinets fall over but very lucky no damage to my house. Alot of people lost their homes.

I did a google search on Old Dominion pellets and saw it was in Bumpass. :)

Yea, that earthquake was crazy. I was in Charles City, just east of RIC, and it shook pretty good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.