It has been a GREAT summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoxman

Feeling the Heat
Jan 26, 2010
STL City
My tree guy has been dropping off twice a month filling my carport each time. I can only handle about that much with working 50 hrs and this UNBEARABLE heat we have had in the mid west.
He has dropped off a ton of standing dead bone dry ash and elm which is under 20% MC. He has left bunch of green mublerry, oak, locust, maple and today he left a carport full and about 4ft high of hedge! He has another trailer of hedge for me but I have to have this processed by Tuesday night. I might play hookie from work to get it done. I figure I have about 2 cords in the driveway and another two to come.

If anyone is in STL MO, central, and might want the next trailer, please PM me. I do not think I can afford to take off two days, but I might try. He will deliver it too you but it will cost you a case BL bottles and you must help unload. JLMK

Sounds like a lot of folks are having a good summer for getting wood delivered. Make hay when the sun shines! But it is really good of you to offer some to others and it will also help you out. Space can be a problem at times.

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
Never have too much wood ;)

Reactions: Thistle
space is a big issue but time is the main factor. If I can't make room it will go to the dump because he needs the trailer for other jobs. I am taking today off too get as much done as possible.

anyone in STL???????????? It is going to the dump tomorrow AM. I do not have the space to take it in raw form..the carport is still 3/4 filled. JLMK

I would have loved to help as I hate to see wood go to waste, but I have about 6-7 cords and at least one of them is not split nor even at my house yet. We need some more StL burners on here.

I can't imagine cutting and splitting wood in this heat. I sweat like a pig in the winter processing wood!

Reactions: AJS56
Wingman shoot me a PM with contact info if you are interested in future drop off's. He has a small sized tree service but he has a boom truck, 3 vehicles 5 workers and 3 trailers and he is always looking for a place to dump logs/rounds. You will not get brush and most is usable....I do get some large rounds that are only about 12in high, but it all burns. If you tell him what kind of wood want and he is near and you have room he will deliver. It usually cost me a case per delivery. Bad news on the hedge!! The other trailer went to the dump because it was too hot and I could not get enough processed

Jack straw. I sweat like a rhino so I have you beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.