It really dose not hurt to ask!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatisup02

Feb 3, 2012
MI
So I called a few local tree trimers up and they will start droping there log loads in my yard for free or just pay there gas to bring it to me. The one is droping 3-4 cords of walnut latter this weak. Oh ya and its all cut up to just needs to be split.

There you go! Getting the work around about wanted wood is one of the best ways to start having good luck with finding good scores - looks like you'll be in good shape! Congrats! Cheers!

whatisup02 said:
So I called a few local tree trimers up and they will start droping there log loads in my yard for free or just pay there gas to bring it to me. The one is droping 3-4 cords of walnut latter this weak. Oh ya and its all cut up to just needs to be split.

Nice. Good for you whatisup02! Glad to hear it. I need to start looking around for that. Good score.

Thanks. I just hope it works out. You never know, just because someone says something does not mean it will happen.

walnut is a great burning wood, I love the smell of that burning. Had a heap of that a couple of years ago, haven't seen any since. You may also get some nice splits fer crafts and knicknacks....Great score!!

You might end up with more than you know what to do with, not a terrible problem to have.

Good score! I have a few tree service companies drop off when they are close to my home.
Did you post this thread through your phone using voice to text?

I have a tree trimmer that calls when he has extra. Sometimes I have to pick it up sometimes they drop it off. Best part is no branches and no waiting for conditions to be correct to get into the woods. Usually Oak and Hickory.

geoxman said:
Good score! I have a few tree service companies drop off when they are close to my home.
Did you post this thread through your phone using voice to text?

Lol you can tell I use my phone.

weatherguy said:
You might end up with more than you know what to do with, not a terrible problem to have.

That's what I'm hoping for...

whatisup02 said:
Lol you can tell I use my phone.

"There" and "Weak" are tell tale signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.