It won't stop! Quadra fire 1000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

regis62

Jan 19, 2011
East CentralIdaho
I bought a used QuadraFire 1000 pellet stove for this winter after eliminating my wood stove. It took a lot of learning, a manual, a new igniter, accessing all the parts at one time or another, thorough cleaning(especially feed tube etc. You got the picture. It finally ran great for 10 days in a row. Now I have two problems all of a sudden and I 'm afraid to run it and it will be below 0 F tonight.
The motor on the rear right near the vacuum switch will not stop unless I unplug. This breaks the whole cycle.
The fire is also burning way too high, but I've usually been able to fix by cleaning the old ceramic fire pot etc. It does produce lots of ash.
I have seen red and green light on control box on simultaneously? Any ideas please? We live up in Rockies in very small town so besides being awfully cold, we have no service people available.

I have a Quad 1100 insert and in the last couple of days mine has started doing the same thing. Both small and large blowers stay on after you turn off by thermostate.The large cycles on and off. only when you unplug do they stop(of course).Any ideas?

how long does it continue to run for ? I know with mine it runs for 30 mins after turn off, as the thermostat wont switch off blowers untill reaching <50*c

This post is an older one to 'PESONAL PLEA' listed above. (Well, it was 'above' until I bumped this one :cheese: )

Status
Not open for further replies.