It's a boy!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your new sawyer!

Wait a bit before getting him chainsaw chaps, though.

Congrats Joe and cool name!

Ray

Congrats! Vaughn is a cool name....
He will be splittin and haulin wood before you know it.... :lol:

Most kids don't get the urge to cut/haul wood till after their first heating bill. You may have to wait a little while for enthusiasm.

Congrats on the good news. Hope mama is doing well.

Joe & Mrs. joecool85, Congratulations!!
Very exciting times when they first arrive.
Uh, pics or it didn't happen?! hehe :cheese:
C'mon, we wanna see the little guy.
I can remember when mine were born, and that was over 30 years ago.

Fantastic news guy. Congrats to you and Momma.

congrats! great news, indeed!
it's been said when you have a boy, you only worry about one peter in town; but when you have a girl, you worry about every peter...
does anyone hand out cigars any longer, or has that tradition passed?

Congratulations !!! Hope all are well !!

A baby for the holidays makes it seem so different :)

Way cool Joe! Congratulations.

Dave, I have not seen anyone handing out cigars for years, but that is okay with me.

No better news in the world, and your world has changed forever--but you know that. Enjoy each day. He may not be helping you carry wood for awhile, but he can be out there with you surprisingly soon. A woman I knew said her parents had her in a backpack and out running the traplines with them when she was six weeks old.

Congratulations. As Snowleopard says above, your world has changed forever. My world changed like that when my daughter was born 27 years ago, now she's gone and done it again by having her own daughter 12 days ago. You've no idea where this guy's gonna take you over the course of the next couple or three decades...and beyond. Enjoy the ride, and I recommend not keeping the reins too tight. Congrats again to the whole family. Have fun. Rick

Congrats to you and your family!
Now, get off the darn computer and go change that diaper and practice your swaddlin skils :)

I've gotten pretty good at diaper changing the last week or so. And we are doing cloth diapers, so no cheating using Pampers etc, this is the real deal.

Attached is a picture from shortly before we left the hospital.

Attachments

• VaughnFitch.jpg
    VaughnFitch.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 195
Congrats Joe . . . couldn't convince Mrs. JoeCool to wait just a few hours later to have your boy born at 11 a.m. though, huh? :)

Congrats on the little guy-the good news is you don't have to worry about overnight burns for a while. My little girl (8 weeks old) has us up at 3:00 a.m. like clockwork-it makes keeping the house toasty overnight easy :lol:

joecool85 said:
My son, Vaughn Fitch Raymond, was born November 11, 2011 at 3:55am. I'd have posted it sooner, but it's been pretty busy here!

I'm so proud of our little man and can't wait to have him out in the forest helping me cut and collect wood :)

Congratulations on your little guy, many years of happy memories coming your way.

zap

I must say, hearthians have the cutest kids. He's gorgeous, and looks like a contented child. He's smiling to himself as he sleeps, looky-there. And he looks smart, too. Don't ask me how I can tell, but I can tell these things. Well done.

Jake, trust me, waiting an extra seven hours to get this job done is just not on any woman's agenda. :gulp:

Shadow&Flame; said:
Congrats! Sleep is a thing of the past my friend...ha

When they're awake you want them to sleep. When they're asleep you want them to wake up.

snowleopard said:
I must say, hearthians have the cutest kids. He's gorgeous, and looks like a contented child. He's smiling to himself as he sleeps, looky-there. And he looks smart, too. Don't ask me how I can tell, but I can tell these things. Well done.

It's because we're such hearty folk-what with all the cutting, bucking, splitting, and stacking ;)

Congrats to you and the family.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.