Its a BTU Bonanza !!!! My best CL score so far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
One pic is the area to be taken care of.... Yep that is a road right beside the trees... He says can you take these outta here ??? I say sure can !!! Outside of one Maple and 3 White Birch they are all Black Birch !!!!! HolyMoly !!!!! Other pic is the pile I have so far... A smidge over a cord and more Black Birch to go !!!! My back yard smells like a Birch Beer Keg exploded !!

Shawn

Attachments

• black birch begin.jpg
    black birch begin.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 342
  • blackbirch pile.jpg
    blackbirch pile.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 352
Wow! That if fantastic Shawn.

Score of the year! Love black birch

Sweet! Are you cutting all the small diameter trees on the roadside? Cheers!

Gotta love roadside BTUs.

Nice! After spending today cutting and hauling my latest CL score of some Ash in the 20-24" diameter range I'm jealous of those nice easy to handle right next to the road sized trees you scored! Good going!

NH_Wood said:
Sweet! Are you cutting all the small diameter trees on the roadside? Cheers!

All those roadside trees yes sir. Makes for easier work than usuall. There are some really tiny ones (throw them over the edge) but there are also some that are 8-10 inches at the base and a ton of 6 inchers.

This is only first stage. The right side of road to ridge line, which ranges from 4 - 10 feet wide up. At the top of the road/path is an area about from what they said is 2 an acre or so to be clear cut. I know there are a few other cutters coming in this weekend but... with all the area that needs done, it will take at least a few weeks to get it all done, even if they have a small army. Just a super easy, super high BTU CL score. I love it when it is easy like this. One of the first things I ask is about access. Needless to say, with this one that is not a problem.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.