It's almost September....I'm starting to get the itch.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stee6043

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
West Michigan
Before it hit 90 degrees today I went out and split a face cord for next year. I can't lie....I'm looking forward to Fall. This years wood has been cut since last year and now I'm working on wrapping up next year.

I'm going to be adding an air vent to my system in a week or two and I'm considering installing some cheap data collectors (jebatty posted on them). Other than that it should be business as usual. Anyone else ready to turn off the air conditioners and turn on the boilers???

Its getting close....my kids games (football, 3rd grade and 5th grade) started last Saturday so that means its just around the corner. I'm getting a few leaves thinking of turning already and I'm starting to feel the itch to go searching for this years whitetails. I love summer, but its time for fall!!

I've noticed a red tint on some of our maples already and even though daytime highs here are near 90 the skies look like autumn(crystal clear!), even need to close most windows at night now. Last year was our first wood heat season and the itch was greater then than now...I'm just looking forward to a nice autumn. Wife bought a Farmers Alamanc yesterday and if they are right I probably will use all my wood for this season. I need to get some dead pines cut and stacked for the shoulder months so the hardwoods can get us through the colder times.

Status
Not open for further replies.