It's badass, it's mean and it's electric

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now thats KEWL. I could imagine the acceleration to be outrageous, unless it is calmed down with electronics. The instant torque of electric can't be denied. 180 mile range - top speed of 125mph. Sound like a fun ride.

I would love to see one of those kick the doors off a loud mouth rice rocket.

btuser said:
I would love to see one of those kick the doors off a loud mouth rice rocket.

Well, first you'd have to find a rice rocket with doors. %-P

Adios Pantalones said:
What is the price tag? I missed it

So far as I can tell, they haven't advertised a price yet. Rick

From the article:

"There's no price listed for this beauty, but it's going to be expensive. The batteries alone will propel it pretty high up the list of motorcycle prices – and then there's the lightweight aircraft-grade chassis, the carbon fiber fairings, the CVT, the GPS, the proprietary software, the Elka suspension … we shudder to think what the final pricetag will be."

Sounds like we don't want to know pricing.

Egads! Zounds! Shiver me timbers! I'm glad that at age 62, after having owned 6 motorcycles in my life (currently zero), I'm not likely to begin lusting after one of these babies. But there was a time... :roll: Rick

Still, there is a major initiative to reduce the cost of high storage batteries to half by 2014. That will bring this dream closer for some lucky few.

I would have thought at that price they could have made it a little less, ummm (how do I put it?) Butt Ugly!. Eye of the beholder & all that I guess, but to me the drive belt loc'n and the solid fairing/floating seat combo spoil the looks.
Love the specs tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.