It's Easier To Ask Forgiveness.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
OK... I didn't ask, and I'm not sure yet if I'll tell her or just hide it in the locked tool box and only use it when she's not around.....

Attachments

• New-Dolmar-420.jpg
    New-Dolmar-420.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 497
Lol buyer beware!

Ok, I get it...your wife reads this forum and you know better to update your signature :)
Please let us know how the new baby runs for you.

smokinjay said:
Lol buyer beware!

Ha,ha! Ain't that the truth. :p

Actually, I broke down and told her. I was right... Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission. She just gave me one of those blank stares and pointed to the sofa. I can deal with that. Better than the shed. Of course, for the next few nights I'll be sleeping with my legs crossed and my eyes open. :wow:

Heh. When I do stuff like that, I keep it in a closet or in the trunk for a while and then when my husband asks, "When did you get that??" I just go, "Oh, I've had that for a long time! You'd never noticed it before? Weird."

~Rose

newtothis said:
And reading the manuel! Awesome

LOL, I lost my last girlfriend when I bought 880....My new girlfriend thinks its Sexy lol Times are a changing!

I think I've exceeded this seasons wood-toys budget - new non-cat insert, new 22 ton splitter , newly built(by me) 5 cord woodshed in yard.....but I do need to find a use for that $150 gift card from TSC that came with my splitter ;-P

wood-fan-atic said:
I think I've exceeded this seasons wood-toys budget - new non-cat insert, new 22 ton splitter , newly built(by me) 5 cord woodshed in yard.....but I do need to find a use for that $150 gift card from TSC that came with my splitter ;-P

Safety gear, more chains and oil adds up quick.

Battenkiller said:
smokinjay said:
I lost my last girlfriend when I bought 880....My new girlfriend thinks its Sexy

Maybe I should have gotten the saw with an 18" bar instead of a 16". :shut:

I went with 122cc and a 41 inch bar.....The saw is much nicer than she ever was! lol Iam just Saying...

Battenkiller said:
Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission.

I couldn't agree more. Enjoy the new saw and the sofa.

SolarAndWood said:
Battenkiller said:
Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission.

I couldn't agree more. Enjoy the new saw and the sofa.

LOL I have my own bed house and everything else to go with it......

Manuel must have a lot of tats.

RoseRedHoofbeats said:
Heh. When I do stuff like that, I keep it in a closet or in the trunk for a while and then when my husband asks, "When did you get that??" I just go, "Oh, I've had that for a long time! You'd never noticed it before? Weird."

~Rose
I do this, too. I don't feel bad, though, because I know Beth does it.

Tell her you're so sorry you'll go spend a couple days in the woods as punishment thinking about what you've done. Come back with a 460. Repeat process (until limited by budget or divorce attorney!).

Batten, at least you are not sleeping in the doghouse.

Backwoods Savage said:
Batten, at least you are not sleeping in the doghouse.

You're right there, but I still have to buy a truck, a trailer, a splitter... then a better stove... and just wait until she sees that truck of pine logs roll in and starts finding "Welcome bears" all over the place.....

Time to start building that doghouse now, methinks... just in case I need it. :roll: :lol:

Can't wait to sink this new gal's teeth into some wood, I just don't have any logs right now. I had the dealer switch out the drum and spur sprocket with a center drive sprocket so I can just change rims for different setups. They got rid of the stock drum and sprocket, put on a new one with a 7 tooth .325 spline and an extra 3/8 spline if I want to use 3/8" lo-pro with a carving bar. They also took off the 3/8" lo-pro safety chain and put on a .325 20LPX chain and gave me a better bar, all for $25. Total price was $325 plus tax. Unbelievable deal IMO. I didn't try the saw with the .325 on it, but it is supposed to cut better according to a lot of tests. Turns out I'm living next to one of the biggest and most knowledgeable Dolmar dealers around, carrying the Sachs-Dolmar brand for over 30 years. I feel confident they will take care of this saw over the years.

They also concurred with a lot of info I got here about breaking in the saw. Basically, use the best fuel I can find (gee, just like a stove), mix 50:1 with a good synthetic oil (I have Amsoil), and run it hard... just like I stole it. Take it back for a tune-up after about ten tanks, or if I decide to mod the muffler. They gave me a lesson in freehand saw filing and I don't doubt they'll show me how to tune it when it comes time. Great guys, they'll definitely get more of my business.

The Cutting Edge, Greenwich, NY... in case anybody is interested in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.