I've been nuts all these years.......I'm impressed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
FINALLY...got the pellet stove lit yesterday..I have a Thelin Parlour 3000...I got new for $1500.00...well I'm impressed..I must of been nuts cutting, splitting and stacking wood for the last 10-12 years..these stoves are some great. I could not believe the heat coming out of this even on the low setting. I sat in front of the stove and watched it for hours...Took some temp readings and it raised the back den up nearly 10 degrees in 2 hours..my den is 12 feet down the hallway...The outside temp was only 40..but I was ready to lite this off to try it out. The pellets I bought were MWP..the mixed 60/40 type...I had no clunkers...just pure ash..so I guess it's set up correct. My glass also kept clear in the door...looks like I will buy more of these pellets...the heat output was very hot even on the low setting. Anyway I thought I would post this..like I mentioned I'm a new pellet stove burning and these type stove..(any brand) are some type of heat source...hopefully good buy to oil bills...!!!!

Glad your happy with the Pellet program.

I stopped doing the firewood thing about 20 years ago.
Between all the work of splitting, stacking and such, plus the Ants and other critters that always seem to come as part of the package I got really tired of it all.

Been doing the Pellet stove thing ever since.

Have 3 in the house and love them.

Enjoy all that lovely warmth this winter (and many more to come)

Snowy

great news! glad to hear it's working so well.
we are driving up there today to close on our new house. stopping in at the stove dealer on the way up to buy our stove.

i did find a hardware/supply store in lincoln that delivers pellets. has the mwp brand for a good price.
i just have to verify they deliver up the road there.

eh. can't think of the name right now. possibly benson or something like that.

Wow, a Thelin Parlour 3000 for $1500! I just Googled that stove and came up with a starting price of $3400. Looks like they are a very good heater. Congrats on your find. Please post Pics'
We did the cut wood thing for 15 years. No more, but I do miss it. Would have a little one in a minute if I could get reasonable venting.

Good to hear life is good!

I'm still doing the wood thing along with my pellets....It's essentially free heat so I can't shun it yet.

You think that thing is crankin' now, just wait till you throw in some Oakies or barefoots or other super prem's!!

Good luck.

Just lit the stove...you guys wanted some pics...I'm still going to put a brick panel on the left wall...it's about 2 feet away from the stove but ithe wall was warm...I noticed lots of fly ash...but this stove is known for that...and this model requires some extra time in keeping it clean...hell for the cost I paid for the stove I think it was worth it...I'm retired and have nothing much else to do...plus I enjoy tickering around...I plan on cleaning it every 5-7 days...will have to check the ash load once it runs full time. The second picture is takened from my den..it's about 20 feet from the stove...as you can see it down the hallway. Yesterday I got a 10 degree increase in temp in the den...so I was happy with that...the cold weather is not here yet...so time will tell.. The stove is vented up my old brick chimney which is lined...the location is nice because I really can't here the fan running..

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,290
  • 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,167
bigruckus said:
Just lit the stove...you guys wanted some pics...I'm still going to put a brick panel on the left wall...it's about 2 feet away from the stove but ithe wall was warm...I noticed lots of fly ash...but this stove is known for that...and this model requires some extra time in keeping it clean...hell for the cost I paid for the stove I think it was worth it...I'm retired and have nothing much else to do...plus I enjoy tickering around...I plan on cleaning it every 5-7 days...will have to check the ash load once it runs full time. The second picture is takened from my den..it's about 20 feet from the stove...as you can see it down the hallway. Yesterday I got a 10 degree increase in temp in the den...so I was happy with that...the cold weather is not here yet...so time will tell.. The stove is vented up my old brick chimney which is lined...the location is nice because I really can't here the fan running..

Hi, Glad it's working out well for you. THAT is an awesome looking stove! Beautiful, I need to do some research on that model. Thanks for the info and pictures. Love pictures!

Really a great looking stove wish I had one, You might want to get a surge protector unless its hidden from view.

Hi, Glad it's working out well for you. THAT is an awesome looking stove! Beautiful, I need to do some research on that model. Thanks for the info and pictures. Love pictures![/quote]

It's a very NICE looking stove..it's heavy and well built..the cobalt blue enamel is great looking along with the nickle plated trim...the price tag on it in the shop was $3345.00...and like I mentioned I paid $1500.00...it was a deal I could not over look. Read the reveiws on the Thelins...THEY do require cleaning...and if you do not clean them you will have issues...I guess like any other pellet stove. I think they had issues early on with some of the parts...but they have made some good updates. I was going to buy a Harmon pellet stove...my buddy has one in a bar here in town and NEVER cleans it...and it still runs... but it puts out a low amount of heat...A couple years ago in my buddies bar a guy came in to have a beer..to find out he was a Harmon rep...my buddy told him he had a Harmon in the back room...so the rep wanted to check it out...well he could not beleive how dirty the stove was and it was still running...he ask my buddy if he could take some pictures of it and send them to his boss..seems like he was impressed that the Harmon was still running...it's a tuff stove..the Harmon stoves are great stoves. Another reason was looking at $1500.00 vs $3500.00..so I bought the Thelin.... the overall apperance of the Thelin was another issue...a black common stove vs a cobalt nickle trim stove. I had lots of money left over so I bought 2 tons of MWP pellets and all of the required Duravent venting pipe I needed.... and a Clevas vacuum cleaner....and after all of that.... I still had a $800.00 in my pockets left!!

AZ Pellet Guy said:
Really a great looking stove wish I had one, You might want to get a surge protector unless its hidden from view.

I plan to..I was just going crazy to fire this thing up...any special protector I should look at..??

This is my fourth winter running the same Thelin that you have and we love it. The only problems that we have had were a few auger jams last year(only a problem with 1 brand of pellets that we won't buy again)and we replaced the ignitor early last winter. However we do have it hooked to a thermostat so the ignitor gets lots of use. Good luck with your new stove.

AZ Pellet Guy said:

I just order one of these...looks like a good deal..it was $23.84 plus $5.75 shipping..

Tripp Lite ULTRABLOK428 Surge Protector 2 outlets Direct-plug 1410 Joules
by Tripp Lite
4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews) | Like (4)
List Price: $49.95
Price: $23.84

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 948
nice stove

Great deal on a super looking stove!

Glad to have you here....the jump from the dark side (Hearth Room) to here isn't too bad. ;-)

Oh, and that is a REAL nice surge protector......good move.

BTW, you DO know that the stove will run off of a 12v car battery in case of power outages, right?

imacman said:
Great deal on a super looking stove!

Glad to have you here....the jump from the dark side (Hearth Room) to here isn't too bad. ;-)

Oh, and that is a REAL nice surge protector......good move.

BTW, you DO know that the stove will run off of a 12v car battery in case of power outages, right?

Yes I know it will run with the battery...that was a nice feature and it has the charger built into the stove...that will be my next purchase...a battery and a couple of door frame fans..that extra cash I had is almost all gone!!!

bigruckus said:
Yes I know it will run with the battery...that was a nice feature and it has the charger built into the stove...that will be my next purchase...a battery and a couple of door frame fans..that extra cash I had is almost all gone!!!

IMO, spend the extra $$ and get a deep cycle marine battery.

Hello

There was something wrong with my education about wood pellet stoves, I had none!! Then I got a wood pellet stove and did not have to use one drop of oil for heat last winter, the coldest winter we had in many years!!
Well now I know, but no-one ever told me!! LOL

Nice Stove and good luck, we think you will enjoy it!!!

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 874
Very nice looking stove!! I fell same way about the wood cutting and stacking, and splitting. Did it for 35 years, no more for me, I am free.

Congrats on the new stove, I always liked the look of those.

Congrats on your new stove. Looks sharp in that blue color.

Nice stove, and remember pellets stoves are more than just space heaters... they are whole home heaters...

My neighbor has a Thelin and it's been flawless for him for about 8 years...

Glad to hear that..I was alittle nervous about buying it but I think the key is to clean them...I plan to clean it every weekend...I've used it for a week so far and kept it on low...wow it really puts the heat out...I'm burning MWP..60/40 mix...nice pellets with NO clunkers and very little ash...I've turn the trim down (feed) somewaht and I think I have it dailed in. The cost was also a BIG factor...being new at $1500.00..

Status
Not open for further replies.