Jake T's results

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
Just got a huge FAX from the okie folks... they had jake's test results for a bunch of different pellets.. of course okies and cubex topped the list! Then they had a "testimonial" page pulled from the depths of hearth.com. I got to see some of my comments on their pellets posted at the top, front and center! Do I get a cut for that?

give yourself a big pat on the back.
I don't think BTU will give up any profits.

we did get a congratulatory phone call at the shop...

j-takeman said:
Who the heck is Jake???

Hopefully the site gives the 'proper credit' and just a typo from the OP ;-) If they pulled from hearth.com we KNOW they got it right j-takeman :)

j-takeman said:
Who the heck is Jake???

Jay, you don't know the world renowned pellet tester, Jake????? You could learn a thing or two from him. :)

Attachments

• jakex_280x390_748716a.jpg
    jakex_280x390_748716a.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 457
now you know your famous when you get to use a different name.
like these famous people Bob Dylan - born Robert Allen Zimmerman, kid rock- Robert James "Bob" Ritchie ....oh ya Carlos Irwin Estévez is now Charlie Sheen.

They must be talking about this guy

---Nailer---

Attachments

• OST_Body_By_Jake_LP1.jpg
    OST_Body_By_Jake_LP1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 421
Technically Jay isn't my real name. :) Just a nick name one my of sisters gave me when I was a wee little lad(she couldn't say my real name). I'll pass on "Jake the Snake" though! :red: Famous, Hah! I think not. I don't need a disguise when pellet hunting so no worries there! Might need to to warn sales reps who I am before they answer my questions. But then I wouldn't get my chuckles either!

By the way, BTU did ask to use these. But really anyone could as they are all on an open site's. I have seen a pellet supply dealer that has links to them as well. Don't really care who's using them as long as the stove disclaimer is in it. With all the clinker issues I have seen one here with pellets that I really enjoyed burning and my stove didn't have an issue with. I am seriously thinking of getting a small test stove that isn't multifuel. To do a clinker tracker with. Probably going to be a Breckwell or my little quad 800. But I really thiink you all get it and that all pellets are "not" the same. The most important thing is doing your own trials to see how it goes in your burners. Well I hope so anyways? :) Or do we need a quiz?

I feel completely bad for putting out Jay's name as Jake... I see Jtake... as the 1st 4 letters of his handle, and just typed dumb. I've been calle on it b4... sorry Jay!

Summit, No harm done! Your not the first to call me that and I have been called far worse. No biggie

If I had to change the name I guess Jake would work OK! :) Better than Jerk, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.