Jamestown J2001T pellet stove insert...broken glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimpster

Feb 24, 2008
Nova Scotia Canada
Hi Folks,

Just bought a older Jamestown J2001T pellet insert around the 1994 to 1997 production date.Had a mishap while loading the stove on the truck...my buddy broke the rap around glass in the stove door :(
I'm looking for a replacement glass if you know of a source.I've called the Jamestown stove company....guess what! they don't have the window for the older stoves anymore.
I will have to replace the whole door and glass from a newer style stove.....$400.00 gulp!
Can anyone help in locating a door glass?

Thanks Again

Attachments

• phpADyPgFPM.jpg
    phpADyPgFPM.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 218
Hate to say this, but AFAIK, Jamestown is the only source for parts for their stoves (hopefully, another forum member can prove that statement wrong :eek:hh: ).

Whimpster said:
Hi Folks,

Just bought a older Jamestown J2001T pellet insert around the 1994 to 1997 production date.Had a mishap while loading the stove on the truck...my buddy broke the rap around glass in the stove door :(
I'm looking for a replacement glass if you know of a source.I've called the Jamestown stove company....guess what! they don't have the window for the older stoves anymore.
I will have to replace the whole door and glass from a newer style stove.....$400.00 gulp!
Can anyone help in locating a door glass?

Thanks Again

I'm still looking for a full glass window if anyone happens to come across one

Thanks

You may also want to try posting in the for sale/wanted forum section here. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.