jeez....this guy's gonna hurt himself

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like kick-back city!

Looks like his first day on the big job. Not a real good endorsement for the saw or the operator. Not sure if I'd post that video of myself on youtube.

I like the helmet and boots.... Speed Racer

Why the long splits? Big wood heater?

I'm not too sure he ain't drunk.

It also looks like he needs to get rid of that dog chain he must be using for chain saw chain.

cygnus said:

Where? A little roll and pinch, yes. Kickback- nope.

He should learn to keep his feet apart, and keep all his body parts "out of the plane of the chain."

Does he have his chain on backwards?

Is he bumping and grinding that saw at the beginning of the clip? It looks a little ... err... intimate.

Awww, you guys . . . take it easy on him. He wishes he'd bought a Stihl, but he's gotta' dance with the gurl that he brought. That would kill my back if I had to use a hand-sawing-motion the whole time I'm cutting wood :eek:hh:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
That would kill my back if I had to use a hand-sawing-motion the whole time I'm cutting wood :eek:hh:

The saw wasn't actually running. He had to do that to get his chain to bite.

Yep, she's cute, and looks good in cool wether, but . . . please don't start/run that toy around man's other best friend!!

Wow. To all 3 videos :lol:

First 2 - Amazing that more idiots arent hurt.Hard to believe that 2nd guy couldnt start that little saw,for his own safety he should just stop,go sit in the car & stay there. No. 3 She's got a good attitude,be nice to see hard hat/ear protection though.And keep your pets a safe distance please.

i think it was a teenager actually. looks like a kid

Jags said:
I'm not too sure he ain't drunk.

That was my impression too, he is stumbling quite a bit, either drunk or them boots are 5 sizes too big.

CTYank said:
cygnus said:

Where? A little roll and pinch, yes. Kickback- nope.

He should learn to keep his feet apart, and keep all his body parts "out of the plane of the chain."

Looked like easy kickback to me - he seemed to be almost plunging the tip of the bar into the log located in back of the cut - that will send the saw back for sure. Cheers!

Wonder if BrotherBart also carrys "Im with stupid" shirts. The other fella needs a long sleeve xxl.

Clicking through some of the Husky links I came across this horror show. This kid gets my vote for the darwin award.

cygnus said:
Clicking through some of the Husky links I came across this horror show. This kid gets my vote for the darwin award.

sigh....

i was cringing watching this one.

AND

in this one and the one with the girl, they both come up to the camera and rev the engine, like they're revving a bike or something. like its some kind of toy. i've been swinging chainsaws for 40 years and it NEVER occured to me to PLAY with one.

OT

Some folks should not be allowed to touch a saw.

cygnus said:

Once he started the cut with his foot on the round, I actually had to stop watching - unreal. Definitely shows how important it is for us men to teach our boys how to properly use dangerous tools - would hate to come home to find my son working like this kid. Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Once he started the cut with his foot on the round, I actually had to stop watching!

That part was darn near terrifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.