Jinx myself talking good about the EF3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lefty Ef3

Nov 26, 2018
New Jersey 08079
Last couple weeks the stove has been running like a champ since I got the vacuum set correct on the stove..had it runin* this morning and kept hearing a popin noise about evertime the augar would cycle.and then she just stopped dropping pellets so I ripped her apart I really didn’t find any smoking gun. The motor didn’t want to come off and when I got it freed up just found pellet as you can see in the photos. The bushing looks great for something that’s 25 plus years old the augar looks great I ran the motor on the work bench and it seemed to run okay I did noticed that it got warm pretty fast and I was trying to run it like it was in the stove with 3 second pulses. I don’t know if you should be able to turn the motor by hand but I can’t. So I figure it’s also 25 plus years old so I’m going to order a new motor and bushing plate while I have it torn apart..

52F9E6CA-767D-4ACD-BA10-67FF67F816E4.jpeg E1C145EB-1F0C-4139-B839-C9B8747154A6.jpeg 45AB3308-EC54-4E71-90AF-8416BC27CF7E.jpeg 1072BD4E-5853-41C6-A82E-0789B48BBC29.jpeg

You could try oiling the bushings/bearings, they're probably quite dry. The gearbox could likely use some new grease in it, too.

Reactions: Ssyko and johneh
Well just got done putting the new motor and end plate on the stove let her run long enough to get pellets to load into the burn pot,then shut her down got to let my rtv dry on the exhaust pipe. The motor is noisy compared to the old one, I hope it quiets down after a little run time. I didn’t buy the most expensive one on the market but it had good reviews ...I think once spring gets here I’m going to take the stove out to the shop and do a complete tear down I plan on replacing* the igniter and if that motor is still noisy I will try another one

well fired the stove up and holy crap I used to pretty much run at the 12 o’clock position on the dial but now between 9 and 10 seems to be the sweet spot ,,,12 o’clock is really putting out the heat..I hope the motor quiets down after running for awhile we will see