jotul castine baffle plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willty

Jan 11, 2008
long island n.y.
just got the old resolute out and the castine in and fired up.A lot lighter then the resolute.I noticed on top the baffle laying there so it seems maybe in moving it could dislodged it self.so any rightway to attack re attaching the plate?.I figure removing the top plate is the best access according to the blow up in the manaul thanks bill

willty said:
just got the old resolute out and the castine in and fired up.A lot lighter then the resolute.I noticed on top the baffle laying there so it seems maybe in moving it could dislodged it self.so any rightway to attack re attaching the plate?.I figure removing the top plate is the best access according to the blow up in the manaul thanks bill

There is a thread on here with pictures that goes over how apart the castine, I believe cycloxer started it.

The plate that you're talking about sits vertically and is supported by wedge/spikes on top of the baffle. You can get to it by reaching into the stove through the flue collar or you could simply take off the top plate. The top plate is secured by two (I think 10mm) screws that are located on either end. You might be able to squeeze a small ratchet in there to loosen them.

Status
Not open for further replies.