Jotul cat stove for sale on CL in Mooresvill NC if anyone interested.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
Even though I bought my Buck 91 a couple months ago and am happy with it, I keep an eye on CL for my brother (who almost got the 91 but his opening was too small).

Just saw this and it seems like a pretty good deal to me considering that $600 is his starting price. Mooresville is a little north of Charlotte.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/hsh/2259578851.html

I think I remember reading that Jotul's cat stoves weren't so successful. But that one looks very clean. Might be worth checking out.

I am no expert in Jotul ....but I see no "cat" there. Unless the pic is of the wrong stove.

I suspect it's an 8TDIC, cat bypass lever on the right side. The stove looks to be in excellent condition.

Looks like it's in good shape. The cat Jotuls had problems and parts are harder and harder to come by! I'd pass and go for something that is currently in production. In that price range, you can find something more current! Heck people were getting the Englander 30 for just under 700 delivered brand new!

Status
Not open for further replies.