Jotul F 3 CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
Does any body know the fire box size in the Jotul F 3 CB off the top of their head, I can't find it on the web site. thanks

also can blowers be used on them?

I looked at that stove while stove shopping and would guess that it's no more than 1.5cf

I don't think Jotul lists any firebox sizes on their website. Makes it hard to compare, doesn't it?

Shari

sure does! I would like to get as close to 2 cubic feet as possible. I really can't get a large stove.

Skinnykid, 1.5 cuft is probably accurate, but in terms of useable size it is closer to 1 cuft. I've read your thread regarding getting an overnight burn and the F3CB is not an ideal candidate. I have achieved overnight burn, but in a warmer climate and a bit of luck. You should list all of your particulars(measurements, etc.) in a fresh thread along with your sizing requirements and let the masses help you out.

If you want a nights and weekends burner and are heating up to 1000 sqft , I love the Jotul.

skinnykid said:
Does any body know the fire box size in the Jotul F 3 CB off the top of their head, I can't find it on the web site. thanks

also can blowers be used on them?

I compared the F3 CB. I chose the Encore NC for its size, top loading feature, fuel capacity and other attributes. An optional fan is available.

Good shopping, as there are may fine stoves out there and then choose wisely.

Keep warm.

myzamboni said:
Skinnykid, 1.5 cuft is probably accurate, but in terms of useable size it is closer to 1 cuft. I've read your thread regarding getting an overnight burn and the F3CB is not an ideal candidate. I have achieved overnight burn, but in a warmer climate and a bit of luck. You should list all of your particulars(measurements, etc.) in a fresh thread along with your sizing requirements and let the masses help you out.

If you want a nights and weekends burner and are heating up to 1000 sqft , I love the Jotul.

Zamboni: I will do that thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.